Chapter 57

Cedric looked down at the brunette curled in the train compartment seat, her long wavy hair sprawled across his lap. They were arriving at King Cross soon, but just by looking at how peaceful she looked asleep, he couldn't bring himself to wake her up.

"Fee," he whispered, brushing the hair out of her face. "Fee," he tried again, in a louder voice. 

"She still sleeping?" a voice sounded, followed by the compartment door sliding open. "Ten minutes till we're there, you better wake her up."

"She looks like she's having a good dream," Cedric protested as Luca took a seat across from them. "I don't want to wake her up."

Luca rolled his eyes, moving to smack Cedric lightly on the head. "So fucking whipped—good dream my ass...I'll wake her up."

"OPHELIA!" he suddenly yelled loudly. Cedric was pretty sure the whole train heard him. Luca proceeded to tickle her sides, which finally woke her up.

"What—stop tickling!—the fuck!" Ophelia gasped in between laughs, squirming as she tried to sit up. 

"You're finally up," Luca sighed, sitting back in his seat. "Sleeps like a rock, this one." he said to Cedric, nodding to Ophelia. 

"Where are we?" 

"Looks like King Cross," Cedric responded just as the horn blew, wrapping his jacket around her. 

"Fuck—mom said to text her 30 minutes before I arrive." 

"Can't she just apparate?"

"She somehow enjoys muggle transportation...says it gives us bonding time," Ophelia said, kissing Cedric on the cheek as he helped her bring her trunk down. "If I'm not listening to music, I just get carsick."

The three of them made their way out of the train and onto Platform 9 3/4, putting their trunks down to say goodbye. 

"See you in 2 weeks?" Ophelia grinned, wrapping her arms around Luca. "Say hi to Mr. and Mrs. Alden for me."

"See you Fee," Luca grinned back, pulling away for a handshake with Cedric—one that they made up— Ophelia's been trying to learn it for weeks now, but they always did it so fast and it was so complicated that she couldn't be bothered anymore. 

"My dad's over there," Cedric said after Luca left, running his hands through his hair. Although he knew it was only two weeks without Ophelia, they had gotten so much closer this year, even spending Christmas at Hogwarts together, that 2 weeks without her already sounded terrible. 

"I'll miss you," Ophelia smiled, pressing a small kiss to his lips before cheekily bending down to pick up her trunk. 

"Hey—" Cedric protested, wrapping his hands around her waist, prompting her to put down her trunk again. "That wasn't a kiss."

"Hmm?" Ophelia hummed, her eyes darting around everywhere but his. She couldn't help but let a laugh break out, but she was silenced by his lips against hers, short and sweet and soft since they both had to leave soon.

"I can't wait until these two weeks go by," Cedric murmured, pressing his head against her forehead. "Call me?"

"Everyday," Ophelia promised. 

Her heart clenched as they said goodbye again, waving to both him and Mr. Diggory as they ran through the brick wall. Spotting her mother( who had decided to apparate) running through the other side, she grabbed her trunk and made her way over, ready for a vacation after the long and stress filled year.

⟠ ⟠ ⟠

Two weeks had never felt this long for both Cedric and Ophelia. As the Sunday of the last week of break arrived, Ophelia already had her bag packed and ready for their Lake Tahoe cabin. After saying goodbye to her family, she drove to the international floo station in London, and arrived in Incline Village, Lake Tahoe.