Chapter 18

" Hello," Opehlia greeted the white haired man in front of her. "You must be Professor Dumbledore. Nice to meet you!"

"Yes, indeed I am, Ms Rae. Your trunk has already been sent by your parents. It will be taken up to your dorm once you've been sorted." Professor Dumbledore smiled, clapping his hands together. "If I'm not mistaken, there are houses at Ilvermorny too,"

"Yes Professor. I'm a proud thunderbird." Ophelia said, beaming with house pride.

"A thunderbird! Marvelous! We rarely have transfers, so you will be sorted here right now." Professor Dumbledore said, an ugly battered witch hat appearing in his hands when he flicked his wrist. He walked over to Ophelia, placing it on her head.

Ah, an American! Ophelia almost shit herself at the nasally voice ringing in her head. A thunderbird? A strong soul, most definitely. I also sense a lot of boldness and plenty of courage, a very adventurous person you are. But where to put you? Hufflepuff? No, I don't think so. Your personality is too strong. Ravenclaw? Smart, but not exactly the best option. Slytherin would help you reach your goals and strengthen that ambition of yours. Hmm... but I sense that you are very daring and adventurous...I think it must be... Gryffindor!

What in Merlin is a Gryffindor, Ophelia thought as she took off the hat to hand it back to Dumbledore. 

"Marvelous! Another Gryffindor! I assume you already have your robes?" Professor Dumbledore looked gleeful at the sight of another Gryffindor, clapping his hands together.

"Uh, yes it's in my bag." Ophelia responded, digging through her duffle for the robes her parents sent to Bali. To say the most, they were not the most flattering thing Ophelia's ever worn. She preferred the Ilvermorny blue and red uniform much more than the long, shapless black robes. With a wave of his wand, the Gryffindor crest appeared on the left of her robes, the hood becoming a red and gold too.

"That's much better! Our Head Boy, Percy Weasley will escort you to the Great Hall, where the feast will begin. Goodbye Ms Rae!" Professor Dumbledore smiled warmly at Ophelia, instructing her towards the door.

Ophelia walked down the stairs, stopping in front of a tall, scrawny boy with flaming red hair. 

"Um, are you Percy Weasley?" she asked.

"Oh, hello! I am the Head Boy." he puffed out his chest a bit, like he was expecting Ophelia to say congrats! even though she couldn't really care less. "Welcome to Gryffindor Ophelia."

"Thanks Percy. So where's the Great Hall?"

"It's just this way. Won't take a long time until we get there. Are you from America? You're accent is pretty distinct, if you don't mind me asking." 

"Yeah. I went to school in Ilvermorny but my parents got a job in London sooo here I am." Ophelia said while admiring the beauty of the castle. 

"Well, as your Head Boy," Percy emphasised again, "I hope you enjoy your last two years here. This is the Great Hall, by the way." He pushed open two giant doors, revealing a huge dining hall with a starry snowy night sky.

"Holy shit!" Ophelia gasped, taking the whole scene in. The Great Hall was definitely more glamours than the one she was used to. There were floating candles, a bewitched ceiling, huge grand long tables, and the feast looked absoutely mouth watering.

"I had the same reaction when I was eleven," Percy casted a tight lipped smile. "That's our table, the Gryffindor table."

"How in Merlin did Dumbledore get here before us?" Ophelia asked as Dumbledore speaks.

"Don't ask me, the man's a genius." Percy replied, pulling Ophelia with him quietly to the table on their far right. 

That couldn't be! Ophelia thought when she spotted a familiar dark curly haired boy at the very end of the Gryffindor table. Was that Luca?