11. sunrise

Harry

I didn't know what was going to happen in my life. I had never seen any of it coming. Becoming a singer was not something I planned and I certainly don't think it was me that made it happen. My life appears to be this never ending cycle of out of the ordinary events happening by chance.

Everything came out of no where and I was always shocked. I'll never get used to feeling in my chest that appears when another arrives. It was like a thud, testing me to see how much I could handle.

Out of everything I had imagined, meeting Liliana Rosen had caused the biggest thud.

I had never been into journaling but watching her watch the sunrise, the oranges crawling onto her face and the peacefulness behind her eyes, had me wanting to document that very moment. I wanted to write everything down about her features, keep the moment still so I could lather it up.

I knew we didn't have long in Jamaica. She wasn't staying here as long as I was. Would it be foolish to hope this feeling  could exist outside of this moment? I had never wanted to observe someone so hard.

My head titled from side to side only very carefully. I just needed to see every angle of her. Her soul was so beautiful, it radiated through every pore of her skin, every crevice and hole. I could write songs and songs about this moment. Albums even.

I had been feeling so much hurt over so much. It all seemed irrelevant now. She was my escape from the last six years of my life. So untainted and beautiful, unlike how everyone else perceived me. I longed to know how she thought of me.

I felt the clutch of her beauty at the wedding. Was it stupid to believe i could hold onto that feeling for as long as I wanted?

Suddenly I was reaching out, turning her head towards me. Her face broke into a smile that told me she thought she knew what I was thinking. She had no idea.

"Don't say something cheesy like you're more beautiful than the sunrise" she smiled her wonderful, spectacular, beautiful smile. She was more beautiful than the sunrise.

I had never been so close to telling someone I loved them.

"Don't say that like you don't know you are." She laughed at this and pulled her face from my grasp. I knew she didn't believe what I was saying but my god did I mean it.

I was dizzy with feelings. None of my thoughts were making sense and the heaviness of it all was confusing me. I knew I fall hard and easily but it had never happened like this before.

"Are you okay?" She asked, noticing the business behind my eyes.

"Yes." I gave her a smile to back up my claim. "You and Jonny are close, huh?"

I wanted to know everything about her. Jonny meant a lot to her I could see that and it made sense, he was great.

"Oh we're basically joined at the hip." Her eyes lit up as she spoke about him. Sweet. "We met in preschool when we were about 2. Classic tale, our mums were friends so we were friends. We do everything together, went to the same schools, clubs, whatever it was one of us was doing the other was there. It never got old, we've never gotten sick of each other. He's my other half."

I liked the idea of there being another part of you out of there in form of a human. Romantic or not.

"How come he wasn't your date to your cousins wedding?" I wondered. Although I wasn't complaining, if he was I would've never gotten that night with her that is forever ingrained in my heart.

"Let's just say he had had a bit of a history with the groom." She widened her eyes with a smile, indicating some juicy family gossip. I raised my eyebrows. "Yeah, Heather wasn't too keen on him being there."