10. dinner

Excuse the slow updates Im currently rereading duplicity so you know...
————————————————

Liliana

"Everything's going to be fine." Jonny gripped my hand as we made the now familiar walk to the mansion near the beach. I didn't say anything.

It had been a few days since we had seen them. We knew this would happen as they had to do some work sometime but Jonny had gotten a text every night to come over for dinner. He politely declined each time saying that he wasn't feeling well.

I had gotten over my embarrassment and now had a plan. Jonny had advised me when I told him what had happened that I should be like Harry and show no weakness. I explained that's what had hurt me the most about the situation and he comforted me the way he always knew was best; playing George Michael songs.

"You made it!" Mitch greeted me at the door. I was kind of glad it wasn't Harry because what I was planning to do was something I couldn't do on the front doorstep. Although I wasn't sure where exactly was the best place. "Feeling better?" He asked Jonny.

There was a way Mitch had looked at me that told me Harry had told him what had happened. I wonder if he was mad at me or didn't care really. I wasn't quite sure how my own overall feeling was about it myself.

We followed him into the house, noticing everyone sat on the deck outside. Tyler, Ryan and Tom were outside sat down and there was another woman sat with them.

"Get your best acting skills on, Harry's cooking." Mitch chuckled, talking over his shoulder at me.

Just as he mentioned his name, Harry came into view just as the kitchen did. He had a tea towel thrown over his shoulder with a tight black top on and a pair of Hawaiian shorts on. His arms bulged against the sleeve and flexing as he tossed something in a pan.

"Hey." I broke away from following Mitch, who didn't seem to mind. If he did, Jonny made a good job of distracting him from me. Harry noticed me as soon as I spoke and moved the pan off the hob so he could give me his full attention.

"Hey, hope you're hungry." He beamed, opening his arms to me for a hug. I hesitated but there was something that told me I needed to hug him. I wrapped my arms around his torso and rested my head on his shoulder.

It ended too soon but I was worried he was going to feel my heart racing against his chest. My eyes scanned the room, seeing whether we were visible from the garden.

"Smells good." I complimented, eyeing what he was making. It looked like a lot of veggies and some chicken in a pan. "What are we having?"

"Fajitas" He practically yelled, shaking his hips with a grin on his face. I couldn't help but laugh, it was such a dorky gesture but such a him thing to do. It stung though, that he was acting as if nothing had happened.

"Yum." I lingered, trying to find the courage because I knew it was now or never. He noticed the unease in my voice and the way I was swaying.

"You alright?" He asked. My eyes flickered to to the decking but no one was paying attention to us, not that they would have a reason to.

"I want a do over." I confessed which got his attention. He was smiling but it was out of confusion, clearly he wanted me to explain.

"Do over for what?" He asked when I didn't elaborate. I stared at his lips, searching for the confidence in me.

'Fuck it', I thought. My hands reached up to his face and pulled him down to kiss me. I didn't think it was going to be that nerve wracking but in the moment, I was terrified.