5. markets

Liliana

The first thing Jonny and I did when we got to Jamaica was throw our stuff in the Airbnb and go for a walk. I was exhausted but Jonny had the energy of a small puppy so he dragged me into the nearest town.

"Oh Ana there's a market. I wonder if it's any classier than the ones we have at home." He dragged me into it, saying hello to all the natives. I just walked comfortably with his arm around me, smiling to myself at how warm it was.

We visited all the stalls, the amount of veg they had was enormous. Jonny obviously had befriended all the stall owners by starting about asking about the products and then slowly but surely moving to their family heritage and how many kids they have.

I left him at the veg stall to look at the one next to it that had bananas hung up around the edges and the biggest watermelons I had ever seen. The woman sat behind it watched me carefully as I glanced my eye at all her produce.

Just as I reached for a lemon, another hand appeared to reach for the same batch. I looked up and saw a face that I thought I would never see again. Our hands jerked back towards us as our eyes met.

"What the-" he looked me up and down as I stared at him with my mouth hung open in shock which I quickly closed when I realised that probably wasn't attractive. We stared at each other until he reached out and poked my arm. "Holy shit you are here" he laughed.

"You are the last person I thought I would see here." I laughed with him.

He looked so good but I couldn't expect anything less. His long hair was pulled back into a bun with a red bandana pushing it back. His shirt and shorts seemed to match his bandana with a red floral pattern going on.

"Same here. Looks like we just can't get away from each other, even on the other side of the world." He flashed me a wide smile and I couldn't help but return it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He looked behind him to which I followed his eye sight to see a crowd of people that looked like tourists.

"Working. You?" For some reason I hadn't expected him to say working. I opened my mouth to reply but before I could, a familiar arm threw itself around my shoulder.

"I got us veg." Jonny announced, kissing my cheek. He clearly thought I was being harassed by someone.

"Honeymoon?" Harry wondered but there was a smirk on his face. He had clearly picked up that Jonny was gay.

"Harry this is my friend, Jonny. We're just on holiday." Jonny looked at me with confusion but then took a closer look at who I was talking.

"Sorry I forgot you knew Harry Styles. What is going on?" He laughed which made me smile. I loved that he was never awkward around anyone.

"I'd like to know that myself. Liliana and I keep running into each other." He smiled at me, making me feel very small.

"Ah so that's why she wanted to escape and flee to the other side of the world." Jonny teased. I squeezed his side in appreciation.

"Didn't work though." Harry sang, leaning forward which only got me excited and forced out a small giggle. He looked behind him to the group quickly. "I've got to get back but why don't you both come for dinner at our house tonight." My mouth fell open, my heart was pounding as he stared right into my eyes.

"We'd love to." Jonny replied, drawing Harry's attention away from my eyes and into his but only for a second before returning to hers.

"Great. We're the house at the end of the beach road. It's big and white you can't miss it." He looked as if he was trying to surprise a smile, pushing his lips together which only made his dimples appear prominently.