4. trips

Liliana

My head was pounding. My Friday night was starting to take its toll as soon as I opened my eyes. It was almost like it was vibrating. An incessant vibrating against my head. I let out an unholy cry, rolling over to find out that the vibrating went away but the noise didn't.

"Get your fucking phone" Jonny moaned, letting me know he was in the bed with me. I didn't respond, just padded My hand around until I found it under my pillow.

"Hello?" I croaked into it.

"Finally. I've been calling forever! I'm outside your door." Jasmine's voice blared into my ear.

"What the fuck? Why?" I groaned. "Where are Ro and Flo?"

"Mums taken them for the day." That woke me up. Jasmine would only give her kids to our mum to look after if there was an emergency.

"I'm coming" I hung up and pushed myself up off the bed, landing on the floor with a thud.

"Are you concussed?" Jonny's tired voice asked.

"No."

"Then shut up."

I put my dressing gown on over last nights outfit that I clearly hadn't bothered to take off and made my way to the front door. I opened it to a very dishevelled Jasmine. She pushed past me immediately.

"You look like shit." She commented swiftly.

"Whats wrong?" I asked, closing the door with squinting eyes from all the light. This was all too much for a hangover. She was already making coffee in my kitchen by the time I managed to slump onto the sofa.

"I kicked Andy out." She announced. My eyes widened, it was like a shot of caffeine had entered my system.

"You what!" I almost screamed. That took all of my energy so I collapsed back against the cushion with a groan. My eyes were only opened by the smell of coffee. "Thank you." I took the mug and sat up.

"I told him I wanted to go out with you guys last night and he blew up we had a massive argument about never spending time together and then he ended up leaving and coming back completely hammered. I can't have that around my kids so I told him to leave and never come back." She explained as I blew on my coffee.

"Asshole." I mumbled. She nodded in agreement. "Are you okay?"

"I kind of feel relief more than anything. I feel like it's been over for a while" a horrible aching feeling appeared inside me. I was too hungover for sad news, I was close to breaking down.

"I'm so sorry, Jas." I had so many questions but didn't know if I should ask them such as what was she going to tell the twins and what was she going to do about Jamaica.

"It's fine. I'll be okay. I have my two little creations and you. That's all I need." She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"I'm not going anywhere and neither are they. Although they might run away if you force them to spend anymore time with our mother." I pointed out, getting an amused smile out of her.

"Noted." She leant her head back against the sofa and let out a deep breath. "I just need to be single for a while, spend some time with my kids."

"That sounds like a dream." I supported it whole heartedly.

"Fuck my life." Jonny yelled extremely loudly as he entered the room, having not noticed Jasmine in the room. Not that he wouldn't of done it if he had.

"You read my mind" She laughed, catching his attention. His eyes were barely open but his face softened and a smile appeared.

"To what do we owe the pleasure, Jasmine?" He walked over and kissed her head hello before proceeding to the kitchen area.