7. heat

Liliana

After sleeping an unholy amount, I felt like I had woken up in a completely different decade. Jonny was passed out next to me as per but instead of alcohol it was pure exhaustion that had caused this coma. Checking my phone, I saw I had a text from an unknown number.

We're heading to the beach around 10 so feel free to join whenever you please x -H

Assuming it was Harry, I checked the time and saw it was nine am so we still had time. Giving Jonny a quick slap on his sunburnt back got him moving. He complained furiously the whole morning which was very amusing. First it was about the sunburn, then about me constantly playing Wham!

I put a bikini on my red bikini, looking at myself in the mirror to look at my fleeting morning skinny.

 I put on some shorts and an oversized shirt to cover myself up a bit before layering myself with sun cream so I didn't turn out like Jonny

I put on some shorts and an oversized shirt to cover myself up a bit before layering myself with sun cream so I didn't turn out like Jonny. I then put loads on him so it didn't get any worse although I'm sure he'd figure out a way to do so.

The day was hot and I had brought a book so I was looking forward to soaking up the sun and reading for a bit. Maybe talk to Harry if I was lucky. Jonny was bigging me up the whole way, telling me how I looked amazing and Harry wasn't going to be able to tear his eyes away from me. I ignored him as my dream had proved him wrong already.

It wasn't hard to spot their group on the beach. They looked so American, with their umbrella and towels everywhere. A couple of them were playing with a frisbee while a couple of others had surf boards.

The sand was hot on our feet so we practically ran to them which caught their attention fairly quickly. From first glance I couldn't see Harry so I said hello to everyone else and tried not to look around to obviously.

"If either of you wanna try surfing we can lend you our boards. Other than that we have a pretty good set up here." Tom said as everyone else went back to what they were doing.

I looked at Jonny who I knew was wondering the same thing but I decided not to think about it. I took off my shirt, knowing these men were not going to judge me as they had much more important things to be doing. Jonny set up his beach chair which made me laugh as only he would struggle with something like that.

Something inside me told me to look at the sea and as I turned my head I witness what may have been the most jaw dropping scene that had ever stepped out of a film.

Harry was walking out of the sea, his surfboard under his arm while his other flicked his hair out of his face. It was if he was going in slow motion and of course my mouth dropped.

Mitch was stood waiting for him at the shoreline, hands on hips looking like a unimpressed mother waiting for their sun. As Harry reached him, he looked elated as if he had just touched heaven. They high fived and Harry broke into a speech, using hand motions probably about what he had just experienced.