Chapter 5: All That Awaits

Zamya's POV:

Rayona and I were currently at our college. We we were finishing up some paperwork before we start our classes next week. It was hard to believe we were literally less than 2 weeks away from starting our journeys for our future. We were on the path of fully being adults for once.

It was surreal, I honestly wouldn't have imagined this happening even a year ago. To where we were just adults legally, but mentally growing as adults was surreal to be honest. Because I'm going to be real and say there's a lot of grown little kids. Yet that was the opposite I was trying to be.

"So, I think that's pretty much it. That you have to do Zamya. We'll see you on the 28th when class starts." Mrs. Angelina said to me as I finished signing my last form. She was one of the student admissions people.

"Okay, well sounds good, I'll make sure to stop by and say hello that day. Well I'll see you then." I said getting up from my seat.

"Okay, bye see you then Angelina hope you enjoy your first day." She said as she got up and opened the door for me to leave.

I walked out the door and found somewhere in the lobby to sit. So I could text Rayona and see if she's ready to leave.

Me: Hey, where you at? You done yet? 👀

Rayona: Yeah just give me like 5 minutes I'll be out soon.

Me: Okay 👌🏼

*
It had been 30 minutes since Rayona text me and she still hasn't came out so we could leave. I couldn't really understand what was taking her so long if she said she was done. I even tried texting her again and no response. Shoot, I even tried calling her.

On her find my friends it just says she's on the campus. But doesn't show the exact location so that was the hard part, I just had to sit here waiting for her.

I can't believe she just got me sitting here though. Like its not like she knows anyone yet and on top of that we were just in the administration building. Where everything is to get started for school.

"Zamya, there you are." She came out laughing as though she was looking for me.

"This is Keyana she's already enrolled but only in her second term. Get this we met because she already heard me talking about one of my favorite movies to the admissions as I was coming out the office. She's also into animation too. She's also from Michigan too." Rayona explained excitedly.

"Hey, Detroit born and raised. But nice to me you." Keyana said reaching her hand out for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you too. How long you been down here?" I asked standing up and grabbing my bag.

"I been down here for like a year or so, so I seen a few things you know." She said laughing.

"Okay, well I told Keyana we were going out to see a movie with Elijah and invited her if that's cool with you." Rayona said looking at me.

"I mean okay, you don't got to ask me."

"Okay, so the movie you said is at 7:30 right?"

"Yeah, that's fine we live like 5 minutes from the movies so whenever you want to meet that's fine."

"5 minutes? Where ya'll live at? I live that close me too."

"We tell in them students apartments right by North Hollywood." Rayona said to her.

"Damn, we must have been meant to encounter one another because I live there too. I live on the 4th floor. I'm headed that way now, you two want to go back there with me? I know Rayona said ya'll was taking the train there but why do that if we live at the same place?"