Chapter 6: Oh, That's How You Feel

Elijah's POV:

I was currently in a session at my school. I was playing the drums and piano for this girl's song for her class project. We been working together for a while, so everything has been pretty much running pretty smooth. It's a longer process than I imagined, for this project as well.

It's why I said it was pretty much running smooth and not completely. There was always another tweak she wanted in the instrumental; every time, I think I got the perfect take. Pass that it was a smooth process. Plus she is cool peoples, I understand she just being a perfectionist too. Which is completely understandable as an artist.

Just this was like the 7th time we met up for this. It was just becoming tedious at this point. I guess the good part is, I would be getting extra credit for all my classes for doing this. Thankfully, because I probably would've told home girl I'm good by the second or third session.

"Hey, yo Shyana how's that sounding today?" I questioned walking out of the booth.

"I think pretty good this time, I have absolutely no complaints." She said smiling as she was nodding her head.

"What you think Brayan?" I asked our engineer, who was also Shyana's twin brother.

"I think it's fire to be honest, but I'm going to run to the bathroom. So, when I come back we can listen to the rough draft of the mix." He said before he got up from the console and walked out the room.

"I'm gonna need you on some of my personal projects, for sure." Shyana said as she sat down and looked directly at me.

"Yeah, for sure. Most definitely we got to work outside of this." I would most definitely work with her she was a great vocalist and songwriter. So, it was highly in my interest, since I was taking some songwriting courses too.

"So, what's your rate?" She questioned crossing her leg over the other.

"We can talk about that around when the day comes." It was what I was going with now, since to be honest I didn't really have a set rate. But shoot she didn't need to know that.

"Okay, cool. In a few weeks I'm going to be recording at this studio nearby that my brother interns at. You should come through and we could just vibe." She said as she got from her seat and walked towards me.

"Hell yeah, I'm for that. Just text me a few days early the day and time."

"Okay, so random question. Zamya's your girlfriend, I see ya'll around the school a lot and outside a lot?" She questioned with a smirk on her face.

"Nah, she my people's. We just friends and we pretty much together all the time because we're next door neighbors. We live across from one another. Why you ask?" Although, I wish Zamya and I were more then friends. I respected her boundaries, so I was going to be honest about it. Plus it was a common misconception around this college. Everyone thought we were dating. Although 9/10, Keyana and Rayona was usually around as well. So I don't know how they just pinned pointed us together and they were almost, always around too.

Shoot, maybe they could tell that I liked her. Maybe, they could sense it in our vibe together or the way I looked at her. I knew I be looking at her in someway because of Rayona and Keyana calling me out on it. Me staring her was unintentional, so I don't want to seem like a creep saying this.

"Okay, okay." She said stepping a little closer to me.

"Yeah, so where's your brother at he's been gone for a minute?" I questioned getting kind of anxious. I told Zamya to meet here after her last class and it's getting close to that time. Plus, I was tired, I just wanted to go home at this point. We been here for like 2 hours in this session. A 2 hour session wasn't long but I've been at this school since 7 in the morning. Now it was going on 7 at night.