Chapter 3: Trust Me

Zamya's POV:

"Ah!" I heard as I jumped up from my bed and I immediately grabbed a baseball bat. I than proceeded to run out of my room.

"What's wrong?" I yelled to Rayona in fear and before she could answer I noticed a sleeping Elijah on our couch. He was out cold, snoring loudly at that.

"Elijah, wake up."I said shaking him. I thought he left, last night. I had went to be early (Well before Rayona) because a girl was tired as can be. We were all up to about maybe 2 or 3 last night just talking and getting everything situated with the apartment. After Elijah helped me with my room, I was like just let yourself out. Only reason is our doors at our apartment automatically lock.

"I thought you left." Rayona asked as he jumped up, signaling the fact we startled him.

"You almost gave me a heart attack." She said hitting his leg.

"Ouch, I had planned on it. I must have just dosed off." He said as he rubbed his knee.

"How you dosed off if you were going to leave?" Rayona and I asked in sync.

"Because I was getting my bag to leave, when I said hey let me clean up some of this stuff for them. Because ya'll left some of ya'll food out and stuff. At that point I said let me just sit down for a moment. So after I don't know what happened, now I'm up and probably as clueless as you of how I fell asleep." He said placing his hands up in surrender.

"You ain't trying to be our stalker are you?" Rayona said getting up in his face, mean mugging him.

"Matter fact show us your apartment I need to know right now you ain't homeless and just nice to us because you want somewhere to sleep." She said immediately rushing to the front door of our apartment.

It was crazy of her to ask, but it was also crazy he was asleep in our apartment but yet we never seen his. So I understood her being as dramatic as she was right now. We had to make sure Elijah was as honest as could be. Should we be trusting him as much as we should? He had good spirit, I'll admit that. So that's why it was so easy for both of us to connect with him like we knew him for years. When me than Rayona only really known him for like a month now.

"Really, ya'll rushing me as soon as I get up and what you doing with a bat?" He laughed as he looked back and forth at us.

"I heard my cousin scream, so I came to protect her." I answered honestly.

"Understandable but okay, let's go." He said getting up from the couch and walking over towards the door before putting his shoes on.
*
"Well, this is home." He said as he opened the door of his apartment. Letting us walk in first and he followed behind.

"Why your apartment looks better than ours, because it's a one bedroom. Yours is a 2 bedroom." I felt as though he was being a smart Alex but Rayona and I exchanged glances and decided to let it go.

"Mhm." She said as she folded her arms over chest.

"Is that all you guys wanted to see that I really lived here. Now you see, now you girls can leave." He said pointing towards the door. Overall you could tell he was joking in the way he said, but Rayona wasn't going to see it that way. She is who she is though.

"Nah, he then seen every end of ours. You got some girl living here or you selling them drugs? Telling now we can leave. You ain't rushing us; nah skip that." Rayona said as she screeched her face up at him.

"No, you want to see my room? Ain't much to see, but okay." He said shaking his head at her.

"You sure no female live here?" Rayona asked with one eyebrow raised. As she walked all the way in his room scoping it out.