Chapter 4: This Is Only The Beginning 

Zamya's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. It startled me because I forgot how loud the song I picked for my alarm was. It was a extreme bass coming from the Michael song Jackson, Carousel playing in my ears. I moaned ruffling through my covers trying to find my phone to turn it off.

"I love Michael, but can you turn that off Zamya.Some of us don't need almost 2 hours to get ready." She said as bursted into my room, rubbing her eye with one half way closed.

"I am, just found my phone. Just go back to sleep. You're such a sensitive sleeper sometimes." I laughed.

"No, I'm not girl, that alarm went off like 4 times already and you just kept I guess snoozing it in your sleep. Can you randomly pick songs that aren't as loud." She said referring to the fact that sometimes I randomly pick songs without looking for the song I set as my alarm. I feel it might give me just a little more surprised so I really will wake up. Because I won't be expecting it all. Might sound crazy, but I think it works; sometimes or it might just be my anxiety that got me like this.

"Girl, just go back to sleep." I said shooing her.

"Well, don't you go to back to sleep, because if you do another alarm is going to off." She said groaning out nearly every word.

I laid back on the bed with my feet dangling off as she made it out my room. I was was just going to lay here for 5 more minutes with eyes close. If my feet were cold it was hard for me to go back to sleep. So this was the most relaxing moment I was going to get before getting out of bed.

I reached over to my phone looking at the time and noticed it read 1:38 P.M. I got a moment or so to get ready, I had plenty of time as long as I don't fall to sleep.

**
"Hey, how is my baby doing in LA?" My mother asked as I answered the phone and placed her on speaker.

"I'm doing good, Rayona in the kitchen getting a bag of chips to eat." I said looking at her.

"Can I facetime so me and your daddy can see the place?"I looked at time on the top of of my phone it was almost 3:00 P.M. my parents didn't really know about Elijah that well. They knew I knew who an Elijah was but they didn't know as much as him living in our building, picking us up and etc. So I didn't want to be like yes and he come knock on the door and than they ask who it is. But I also didn't want to say no and try to make up a lie. If I ain't have to lie I rather not to.

"Yeah for sure." I said and immediately muted the phone because I knew Rayona was going to have a response.

"Why would you say that? What if Elijah knock on the door?" She questioned looking at me like I lost my mind.

"I got it, I got it. It won't be long. Plus I'll text him give me like 5-10 minutes." Which I quickly did before taking my mama off mute after she finished talking about how excited she was for me.

"Okay, gonna call you."

"Oooh, baby you look so beautiful."She said like she hasn't seen me in months.

"Thank you. You just seen me yesterday though." I laughed.

"Your mother just mean you get more and more beautiful everyday and we miss you already." My daddy laughed.

"Well, thank you." I smiled.

"Where's Rayona?" He asked furthering the conversation and I turned the phone around for him to see her.

"Oh, she's right here."

"Hey, Uncle Henry and Auntie Elaine." She said waving at them.

"Where you girls going? You look like ya'll about to go somewhere?" My mother asked Rayona.