Chapter 7: The Truth Comes Out

Elijah's POV:

I was currently at Zamya's and Rayona's apartment. Going over the surprise for Zamya's birthday tomorrow. Hopefully, everything stays a surprise as well, because this has been hard to hide from Zamya for the past month or so. I wanted this surprise, to showcase how I really feel about her. So hopefully she wouldn't take it as me doing too much either; because I also know this is something she wanted to do herself.

Yet, I knew she really didn't have the time to do it. Also, it was insane that I was doing, it because that meant we wouldn't have our same moments together from school. But, I was willingly to take the risk. Plus we lived next door from each other so doing this was no big deal.

"Where's the car at?" I asked Rayona.

"It parked, on the fifth floor of the parking deck."

"Dude, I can't believe you paid for something so expensive, for a girl that won't even admit she likes you. Even after 9 months of knowing each other at that." I just gave Rayona a what the heck face. Because she wasn't gonna just play me like that.

"Really, really that's how you gonna do me?"

"Hey, she my cousin but hey. I'll admit you doing lot. I'm not going to say so soon, because its been almost a year now but one thing I do know you love her more than she loves you." I frowned my face up at her in response. Because its like she was trying to diss me.

"Why you keep trying me, like this Ray?"

"I'm messing with you, you know I ain't got no filter. I say what I think. I just hope after this she finally admits she likes you more than a friend." She shrugged.

"When do your auntie and uncle get here?" I decided to just change the subject because ain't no point in continuing getting drilled.

"They land in about an hour." She said picking up her phone and looking at the time.

"Okay, cool. So, I'll go pick Zamya up from school." She was there recording her first single at the moment. I wish she had more songs out because I had another idea originally on getting her first show, because I know someone. But the car was Rayona's idea and since I wanted to do something big to show I was serious this was it. This was the way to go for me.

The whole reason this all came about is all because of a joke. Rayona said jokingly one day, hey you should get Zamya's car down here since you can't get the show now for her. She was joking doubting the fact I would even consider doing it. But, thankfully, I've been getting shows myself performing for me and playing like instrumentation for people. So, I had extra money to spare to do this.

It was cheaper than I thought it was to get down here but still a pretty penny that's for sure. But, I wanted to show Zamya I didn't just like her but I honestly love her, like I truly do. She's became my best friend and I just hopelessly fell in love with the girl.

I wasn't trying to buy her love, I just knew that it was taking her longer to get her car than she expected to down here. She didn't want her parents to do it for her. So, as a surprise I took the role of doing it. Thankfully we were at a place in our friendship where I knew for a fact she wouldn't think I was overstepping my boundaries doing this. Because we pretty much didn't have boundaries with one another. We told each other everything. Except our true feelings to be honest.

Beside the car, I was going to buy Zamya a promise ring. Asked Rayona her ring size and everything and somehow the conversation came up between me and Zamya and I found out she thought they were corny. Her words not mine "Who am I Tiffany Evans?" She had questioned laughing and saying yeah maybe if we were in middle school I'll take one.