Chapter 2: Leaving The Nest

Zamya's POV:

So today was the big day Rayona and I were leaving home and going to California. We were getting the chance to go there ourselves as well and move in. Which would be easy since it was student apartments so everything was included. There wasn't much we needed to worry about, but getting our clothes down there and other things we needed.

So, we were basically just flying out there with 4 big suitcases. 2 for Rayona and 2 for me and that's pretty much it. My parents were going drive out there soon and bring anything else we needed and help us, which wasn't a rush thank goodness. They originally wanted us to do that and I nor Rayona was up for a plan of no 3-4 day road trip to California all way from Michigan. I could hardly believe they wanted to do it. I mean of course they were renting like a little RV for the trip, but it was still a no for us.

"Hey, what's up Elijah?" I questioned as I picked up my phone and put it on speaker. Laying on my bed before finishing what I was doing.

"Nothing, so what time you two get here back to California?"

"We get there at around like 4 ya'll time. So, now I'm just going around my bedroom making sure I'm not forgetting to pack anything. Still amazed at the fact I'm leaving the nest. My room looks so empty nearly of the clothes for the most part; anyway." I laughed, as I packed something into my suitcase; that was on my bed.

"Oh, you guys need me to pick you from the airport?"

"Nah, I think we good. We wouldn't want you going out of your way to do that, it's fine you probably got better things to do." I said taking a seat on my bed.

"No, it would be fine. Plus it's a Saturday and I got nothing else to do, why wouldn't I. Lastly, we all live in the same apartment building. So it's most definitely not out of the way." He said sincerely.

"I don't know, I would have to ask Rayona if she would be okay with that, once she get over here? She should be over here soon, so I'll ask her then." I said sitting up to see Rayona busting into my bedroom door.

"Girl, you couldn't have knocked?" I laughed as she bust into the room with one of her smaller bags.

"Girl, what I need to knock for?I know you dressed and even if you wasn't you my blood cousin and another girl at that. You got what I got." She said in a matter fact tone.

"Rayona, why are you like that this?" I questioned as I slowly started shaking my head at my cousin's foolishness.

"Because this is the way you love me, your favorite cousin." She said doing a dramatic pose, as she pointed to herself.

"You want me to call you back?" Elijah questioned through laughter.

"Nah, it's fine."

"Good because I was enjoying the comedy show of you two." He chuckled.

"Hey, Elijah." Rayona yelled at she snatched my phone from off my bed.

"Rayona, give me my phone." I said trying to reach for it back.

"Nah, I want to talk to our soon to be neighbor." She said shooing me away with her hand.

"So, what's up with you how you been? I wouldn't know because you never call me. I always got to hear about you from Miss Zamya here." She is dramatic girl indeed.