n i n e

"No silly, her name is Mummy!" Lyra corrected Malfoy. The room was in total silence until I broke it, "Excuse me doctor, lets talk outside." Malfoy could tell that I wasn't messing around as I used the same tone on him as I use on Lyra when she misbehaves. He got of Ly's bed and we headed outside.

"What do you think you're doing?" I whispered as I hit his arm the same way I would hit Ron's when he would eat too much, "Were you just going to hide our daughter from me?" I could tell he was angry and he had every right to be.
"How do you know she's yours? I could have slept with someone else." I crossed my arms defensively and as expected, he called my bluff. "Her eyes give it away." That was true, she had Malfoy's eyes and I was most certainly not going to complain about that.

I rolled my eyes and gave in, "Okay look, yes, she's yours and I'm sorry okay? I was young and I was scared so I thought it was best if I raised her on my own."

"Dammit Granger! You didn't even think to ask me if I wanted to be apart of my own daughters life?" I knew he was right. It was a selfish thing for me to do, and I definitely should of asked him first but like I said, I was scared.

"How long have you known?" I asked as I rubbed up and down my arms, "Since yesterday." He replied, "As soon as I saw her, I wont lie, the thought crossed my mind. She had your hair and nose." A small smile found its way onto his face.

"She also has your smile." I said. We were silent for a minute before he spoke.

"I'll come back to check on her later and let you know when you can leave." He informed me and nodded his head before he began to walk away. I felt my heart drop. I knew I messed up all those years ago and I should of spoken to Malfoy but there's no point to dwell on it now.

"Malfoy?" I called. His heard turned round to look at me, "W- would you like to maybe come over for dinner tonight?" I paused before I realised, "To see Lyra, I mean." He nodded and smiled as he walked on.

I felt good. I felt that I was making an attempt at making things right again. I owed Malfoy and Lyra this.
_______________________________

"Lyra please behave for Mummy." I was going through the daily battle of feeding Lyra, and when I say a battle, I mean it was a full on war-site. Food would be everywhere, there would be screams and cries and one side always ended up losing; usually mine.

"Mummy no!" Lyra argued as she turned her head the opposite way of the spoon. She definitely had Malfoy's temper.

"Please, Ly. One spoonful. Come on, be a good girl." Yet she still persisted. I gave up and placed the bowl and spoon on the side table and rested my head in my hands due to complete exhaustion.

"Dwaco!" Lyra called with excitement. I looked up and saw Malfoy standing at the doorway to check up on Lyra as promised.

"Hey Ly!" She never let's anyone call her that apart from me, "Why haven't you eaten any of your food my darling girl? Come on, have some."

"Ha, I wouldn't do that if I were you Malfoy." I gave him a cocky look. This wasn't going to end well for him.

He sat down on the side of Lyra's bed, picked up the spoon, and balanced the orange substance on it. Lyra opened her mouth and she ate the food straight of the spoon. I was in shock. Malfoy gave me a cheeky wink and a smirk, "See Granger, not so hard after all." I scoffed and watched him as he rubbed her head.

He checked to make sure the stitches were healing fine and her heartbeat was normal before he took Lyra's food bowl and spoon to continue feeding her. He wiped her face with some tissues at the end and talked to Lyra for a while.

They discussed the dream Lyra had about Dinosaurs and Princesses briefly, then they moved onto a rather interesting topic.

"My mummy gives me into twouble a lot." I raised an eyebrow and was about to speak when Malfoy cut in, "Does she really? That's not very nice of her is it?" Lyra found this incredibly funny, as did Malfoy. "Well. Maybe if Lyra didn't draw on Mummy's curtains and mess up her room, then she wouldn't get into trouble." I looked at Lyra who was now hiding behind Malfoy and rolled my eyes.

"Ok Ly, you are all healthy again! You can go home with Mummy." Malfoy said. I looked at Lyra's face and saw her heart break. Her eyes began to sparkle but before she could cry I quickly told her that Malfoy would be staying over for dinner tonight which cheered her up a lot.

Before leaving I gave Malfoy my number which he obviously made a cheeky comment about,
"I always knew you wanted my number Granger." I rolled my eyes and walked off with Ly in my arms.
_______________________________

I begun getting ready at around 6 as I told Malfoy to be here for 7 sharp. I decided to wear a simple red dress with 3/4 length lace sleeves and paired it with some black heels. I pinned two strands of my hair back and tamed the remainder of it so it was semi-straight.

I dressed Lyra in a beige-pink top with short sleeves and some white leggings with white socks too. I let her hair stay in their natural brunette curls but clasped both sides to keep them out of her food.

15 minutes before Malfoy was due to arrive, I went round the house to make sure everything was spotless and that Lyra hadn't gotten her hands on the curtains again.

I went to make sure Ly was alright and I was met with another, "When will Dwaco be here?" Which is the one hundredth time she's asked within the span of 30 minutes. But as if on queue, there was a knock on the apartment door.

Ok Hermione, relax. You can do this.

I opened the door and there he was. Dressed in a tight white shirt that had its sleeves rolled up just enough and tight grey trousers.

Wow, Draco Malfoy does not clean up half bad.

"Enjoying the view are we, Granger?" He winked and scanned me up and down, "I have to say. You look nice." I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks, but I've seen you look better." I sent him a cheeky smile and saw his mouth begin to open before...

"Dwaco!" Lyra shouted as she hopped off of the couch and ran into his arms. He twirled her around and gave her a hug.

"Wow you look gorgeous, princess." He said as he set her back down on the ground again.

"Ly, darling, why don't you take Draco into the front room?" She agreed and took Draco's hand but before she pulled him away he whispered, "I still prefer you in green, Hermione." Chills went through me when he said my name. It was like a bolt of electricity that got sent down my spine. But then I snapped out of it.

He's only saying that because you're the idiot that called him by his actual name!

Annoyed with myself, I shut the door; perhaps a bit too loud, and headed towards the kitchen.

I checked the timer on the oven to see that the fish still had 10 minutes left to cook, so I went into the front room to see what Lyra and that ferret were doing.

I stood round the corner and peeked out so they couldn't see me.

"A-and this was when I w-was a b-baby." Lyra explained as she took multiple photo frames off of the coffee table.

"Wow you were so tiny!" Draco said as he looked at the little girl that was sitting in his lap.

Lyra went to grab another photo. This time, a photo of me and Lyra when she was only a few months old.

"Th-this one is of me and Mummy. She's sooo pwetty." Lyra said, which sent a smile onto my face.

"Yes, she is isn't she? You are both gorgeous girls darling, but you are the prettiest of them all." Draco said as he picked up Lyra in his arms and span her around again.

"Ahem." I coughed, "Well this gorgeous girl is hungry. Dinner's ready."

-1503

_______________________________
I just want to say thank you for all the love I've been getting I truly appreciate every single comment and vote I get. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Have an amazing day!