𝟶𝟸𝟺.

AMOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR ━━ the black envelopes

▎AMOUR ▎CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR ━━  the black envelopes

━━━━━━━━━━

LYRA STILL HADN'T FOUND NATALIE AND ZAYNA after fifteen minutes. Where the hell are they? She hoped that Zayna hadn't killed Parkinson for outing her. Most of the corridors were filled with students of the Inquisitorial Squad. No one really went out for that reason. Lyra only got one snide remark, though. When she defended Luna in front of a bully, the boy told her that he doesn't listen to queers.

     It was funny to see how people switched up so fast, especially Umbridge who seemed to allow it happen. The Headmistress had been quite patient with Lyra, but she apparently also shared the same beliefs as her family.

The common room was filled with students. Some stared at her when she passed while others minded their business. The girl who had defended her earlier, Demelza, smiled at her when they saw each other. Lyra guessed she shared a room with Candice, Aurora and Aoife given their familiarity with each other.

     Demelza was sitting with Aoife while Aurora sat with Candice. Lyra didn't know what to think as Philips gave her a pitying smile. Does she hate or feel sorry for me? One person she noticed was Colin, who was all by his self. Not wanting him to stay that way, she decided to sit with him.

"Hey Colin," she greeted him.

"Hiya Lyra, you feeling good?" he asked kindly.

She merely shrugged. "I guess so, although, I can't find Natalie and Zayna. Did you see them?"

     Colin shook his head. "No, I haven't since dinner. If you find Zayna, can you tell her that I'm looking for her?" Zayna? Looking for her? Interesting. He noticed the way she stared at him, flushing red, he shook his head quickly. "I promise it's not like that, really! I want to ask her something about Divination."

"Oh okay, I'll tell her that you're looking for her when I find her," she promised.

"Thanks," said Colin, "and just wondering, how did you loose them?"

"Well, after you know what happened. I found out who was responsible, and Zayna wasn't happy with that. She ran somewhere, Natalie followed her and I haven't seen them since," she explained. "She's very determined at times."

Colin chuckled. "She really is," he agreed, "especially during classes. She argued with Philip for thirty minutes about the shape of her tea leaves last year. She didn't want to stop about it either."