𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄❥

AMOUR  ▎
CHAPTER TWELVE ━━ The boggart that seemed to come true.

▎AMOUR  ▎CHAPTER TWELVE ━━ The boggart that seemed to come true

━━━━━━━━━━

"BOGGARTS!" ZAYNA EXCLAIMED, "I still don't think I'm ready for that." That day was the Friday before another Hogsmeade weekend. Professor Moody had scheduled that the third years would learn about Boggarts.

     "My brother had it last year. Said that it was quite funny, he got to make a giant spider roll around the classroom," said Ginny amusedly.

"Mine didn't even want to tell me what his boggart was. Told me it was none of my business," Lyra imitated, scrunching her face.

There was always some type of unfriendly atmosphere going around entering Moody's class. At least for Lyra. It didn't make it better that the professor really disliked her and loved making her answer questions she didn't know. He was waiting for them, Lyra noticed a wardrobe behind him. When the students sat down, they began grabbing their books and other materials. "Put those blasted books away!" Moody growled, "As some of you may remember, I told you that today will be a practical lesson. Meaning that you will need only your wands." The tables were all moved aside and all students went to stand close enough to hear him talk.

     The wardrobe started shaking violently, one of its legs even moving. "Don't worry children, there's a boggart in here. Can anyone tell me what a boggart is?" The class went silent, like always. Sometimes, they were too scared to answer.

It didn't take long for Lyra to hear the familiar: "Malfoy!"

Natalie please help. Luckily, a small piece of parchment got slipped between her fingers. "Boggarts are shape-shifters," Lyra explained, sneakily reading off Natalie's note, "it takes the shape of whatever it thinks will scare us most."

     "Precisely, next time you could answer it without help of Miss Soots," he said scathingly.

"It's not my fault that you want me to answer a question I clearly don't know," she bit back.

     "Lyra, you can't talk to a Professor like that," whispered Natalie.

I don't care, she thought to herself.

     "Mind your attitude, Malfoy," Moody said darkly. "As she said, Boggarts are shape shifters, meaning that we don't know their shape when they're alone. When I let him out, he'll take the form of what one fears the most."

"Yes, Miss Soots."

  "It won't know what shape it has to take right? Since we're with so many?" she pointed out.