𝟘𝟛𝟜.

AMOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR━━ more secrets.

▎AMOUR ▎CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR━━ more secrets

━━━━━━━━━━

THE NEWS OF LYRA AND DEMELZA spread pretty fast. Every time they'd do simple things like walking next to each other or hugging, heads turned and people started whispering. It annoyed the living shit out of Lyra, but being herself had consequences, those she had to get used to.

    Her friends and family all reacted positively to it. Ted and Andromeda were happy she had found someone, and Tonks ( whose face had brightened by the news ) told her she would love to meet her.

Natalie and Zayna were both unsurprised when she told them they kissed. Natalie had said "it was so obvious I'm surprised it took that long" and Zayna told her she was blinder than her niece when she and Theo fancied each other. And after saving her from choking on juice, Ginny said she was happy for her.

    Ginny being happy for her in particular gave Lyra some bit of relief. The only negative response they got was from McDean but the girls had expected it. What really bugged Lyra the most, however was how she mocked her by fake-slapping herself in the face. McDean was acting as if she wasn't the one running away after Lyra clapped back at her blatant homophobia.

No one except for Lyra, Candice and Demelza knew about the slap until Lyra told her friends. "You should've punched her," said Zayna, "it would've been more effective if you did."

     Natalie shook her head. "It's good that you didn't. People like Candice can be dangerous, punching her would've made it much worse." Natalie was right. Even in the muggle world, hate towards her community was common. Sometimes, the things they said were so vile that Ted had to turn the tv off.

"I can punch her for you," Zayna suggested instead.

     "No you're not," said Natalie warningly. "Remember Pansy? We're not repeating that. I also don't want people to stereotype you as aggressive."

"Yes, yes," Zayna mumbled.

     "Anyway, how's your love life going? You and Colin seem close." Lyra had never seen Zayna like this. She acted similarly when she liked Eddie, yet this seemed different. The girls had quickly noticed how she behaved more like herself around Colin, it was adorable.

"We're doing great. Such an amazing friend."

"Friends? You and Colin? With the way you act around each other, I'm not really sure about that," said a voice from behind her. It was Dean Thomas and Lyra had to admit she wasn't that bothered with him anymore.