049.

AMOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE━━ A heist gone wrong

▎AMOUR ▎CHAPTER FORTY-NINE━━ A heist gone wrong

━━━━━━━━━━

"YOU WANT TO STEAL WHAT?" Natalie asked again. The three girls were sitting in their dormitory together. Lyra had just told her what she wanted to do. After a surprisingly helpful conversation with Kit Mulciber out of all people, her mind had gone back to the first time she went to Severus's office that year.

"The sword of Gryffindor," Lyra repeated, then turned to her girlfriend who was laying besides her. "Gin, you said Harry inherited it from Dumbledore, right?"

"Yup, Scrimgeour didn't allow it because it wasn't Dumbledore's to give," she explained.

     "You forgot something," Natalie chimed in, "the Sword is lost, remember?" Lyra was waiting for one of them to point this out, since it was wrong. One thing about knowing Severus for her whole life is to notice when something is off.

Lyra grinned. "It's in Severus his office."

She received confused looks from both of them. "How do you know?" they asked.

"First day of school," Lyra answered with a shrug. "I noticed he wrote something about it on a piece of parchment. Uncharacteristic for Severus, very useful to us."

     "Okay so if we steal it, what will that do?" Ginny wondered.

"We'll give it to the Order. I'm going home for the Holidays and can give it to Remus or you can hand it to your dad."

"It can work once The Order knows where the trio is," she said.

     "Or we can get punished when it fails," Natalie adds.

"Natalie," Lyra whined, "you're not supposed to be the pessimistic one."

     "I will be if the plan becomes dangerous," she told her with a yawn. Okay, it had not been Lyra's smartest decision to reveal her plan at one in the morning. At least she would be sure everyone was asleep to not overhear it.

"We've done plenty of dangerous things before, this is below the bar. So, are you in or out?"

"I'm in as a distraction. The Carrow siblings don't hate me that much, I don't know why but it's good for you guys."

     Even if Lyra wasn't the one to accept any apology Natalie gave, they were still friends. Friends have to tell each other they are acting like idiots. "They don't hate you because Kit put a good word for you."