VII

← · · · ✭ 𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐮𝐬 ✭ · · · →

For the rest of the week, I focused on Uni. I went to all my classes and even stayed in the library till late to get all the studying done. Uni was the only place I knew people wouldn't bother me and I did everything to avoid them right now. Brian was pretty much the only one I talked to. I had ignored the message he passed through from Mary and Freddie, not wanting to talk to them either. I was in a phase where everyone around me was bothering me.

The realisation that I was maybe working a little too hard, came to me when I saw that I was finishing up on an essay that was due in three weeks. I dropped my pen and groaned, leaning back into the wooden chair. My ass was hard from sitting here every day for the last week.

I ran my hands through my hair and looked up. Maybe I should just go home. Studying too much could also hurt the brain. I packed up all my stuff and shoved it back into my bag. Now that I had decided that I wanted to go home, I was being faster than ever before to get out of here. I slid on my denim jacket and grabbed the books that couldn't fit in my bag. When I turned around to start walking, I bumped into someone. He grabbed me by the shoulders to keep me or my books from falling.

"In a rush?" he said. I looked up to be met with the looks of Jeremy, Delilah's boyfriend – if he still was, of course, I didn't know what the status was right now.

"Jeremy, hi. I haven't seen you in a while," I greeted him. He let go of my shoulders and I grabbed onto my books tighter. He and I had never gotten along, but we always pretended.

"Yeah, indeed. How've you been?" he asked. His dark blonde hair reached his shoulders almost. I remember last time I saw him, it was at the point he could just tuck it behind his ear. The clothes he wore almost symbolized old rags, it looked disgusting.

"Good, focusing on Uni. And you?" I asked him. I was making a small conversation but was really hoping to get out of here soon.

"The usual. Talked to Del lately? She's been dodging my calls," he said, trying to make it come off as a joke. I hated that he was talking about her like that. As if they hadn't been dating for over a year. It was disrespectful.

"Not since last week," I said. I gave him a small smile that should tell him that I wanted to get out of this conversation.

"Oh, that's too bad," he shrugged. He stepped closer to me while I took a step back. What was he doing? "Why are you taking a step back?"

"Why are you taking one foreword?" I bounced back.

"Maybe I was trying to kiss you?" he proposed. I almost choked on my own spit when I heard the words come out of his mouth.

"You what?" I called out. I pushed him backwards. I rolled my eyes and walked away, but stopped again and turned around "Delilah really loved you, you know. Too bad you're a fucking twat."

He said something along the lines of me being a bitch, but I ignored him. I really hoped Delilah would dump his ass. She deserved so much better than this. When I exited the library, I saw it was already getting dark. I got to the car quickly and drove home. The roads where quiet – thank god – since it was Friday, so I was home in less than twenty minutes.

What I had not expected, was the company Brian had invited over. I stepped foot in a loud living room full of people. My brother had his arms around a girl I was unfamiliar with, Freddie and Mary were sitting next to them, cuddled into each other. Deaky sat on the lounge chair that we had gotten from our grandfather and next to him was Roger, with a blonde girl in his lap. The door closed behind me with a loud thud and they all looked up.