XVIII

← · · · ✭ 𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐮𝐬 ✭ · · · →

I woke up by the sound of a blaring alarm, groaning and shutting it off. I stretched and opened my eyes looking at the ceiling. I wasn't in my own room, I stayed at Roger's last night. We had been staying at each other's places on and off, because to be honest, we could not stay away from each other.

Just like every other night, last night we also ended up tearing each other's clothes off. We couldn't get enough of each other it seemed. I wasn't used to this attraction that I had with him. I wanted to feel him, be with him all of time. He didn't only satisfy me in ways no one else could, I also was falling more in love with him every day.

I turned around in his grip slowly, seeing he was still dreaming away. When he was asleep, he was the cutest, his mouth hung open a little bit and his brows were always furrowed. I gave him a small kiss on his nose, and he stirred. Then I turned around to get out of bed, but he held me back.

"Roger, I need to get to class," I whispered to him.

I moved his arm and stepped out bed, walking towards the shower. I put my hair up in a bun and washed only my body. When I got out, I brushed my teeth and did my skincare routine. Roger actually had a pretty good amount of face products. I walked back to the room with only a towel on. He was sprawled across the bed now, eyes still closed but I knew he was already awake.

Next to the bed, was standing my bag, where I grabbed some clean clothes from. I had only brought a fresh shirt, bra and panties. Roger moved again and his eyes opened a little. He yawned and smiled when he saw me.

"What a sight to wake up to," he spoke. His morning voice was always a bit raspy; it was sexy. I took off the towel and stepped into my panties before putting my bra on. He spread his arms and I jumped on the bed, cuddling into his side. He gave me a kiss on my head.

"Don't you have anywhere to be?" I asked him.

"I don't function before ten," he said normally. He sat up against the bedframe. I let my hands roam over his chest, playing with the thin silver necklace he had.

"Does this necklace have a special meaning?" I asked. I never thought much of it, but he always hid it under his clothes, so it must mean something.

"My grandma gave it to me just before she passed," he told me. He didn't flinch or seem uncomfortable by telling me. "She kind of was this amazing woman, always being light and spreading positivity everywhere she went. Kind of like you."

I rolled my eyes at his comment. "I don't deserve that much praise."

"Don't sell yourself short, love," he said as I stood up to get the rest of my clothes on. I felt how his eyes followed my every move as I grabbed my makeup bag and sat on the bed. "You don't need all that, you know."

I looked at him and shook my head, which made a soft laugh escape from his lips. I quickly put on some mascara, blush and combed through my brows before putting everything back in the small makeup bag. Then I took my hair out of the bun I had on my head and shaped it until I liked the way it was hanging.

"Come on, I'll make some eggs while you get ready," I said. I walked to the kitchen, grabbing all the ingredients I needed. After a minute, I heard the shower being turned on.

I baked some eggs, making toast and some tea too. I set the table with two glasses of orange juice and some marmite – Roger apparently had a marmite obsession, because there were at least four jars in his fridge. Just when I was plating up the eggs, I saw him emerging from his bedroom with fresh clothes on. His hair was still wet.