XX

← · · · ✭ 𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐮𝐬 ✭ · · · →

"Are you nervous?" Roger asked. He laid a hand on my knee, stopping it from bobbing up and down. I sighed and leaned against the chair.

We had been waiting for half an hour now. The hospital was filled with people and even though we had an appointment, time apparently worked different here. I wasn't nervous when we left, but now that the moment crept closer, I started to feel uneasy.

"Should I not be?" I asked the rhetorical question. He grinned and patted my knee. "Am I nervous for something to be shoved up vagina? Yes, kind of. Wouldn't you be?"

"I don't have a vagina," he answered bluntly. Now it was my time to grin and I looked to the side. There were some nurses walking these halls, but I didn't see a doctor yet. "It's going to be fine, baby. I'm right here with you," he reassured me.

I smiled at him. When he first asked me if he should come, I initially told him that I was going to be fine. He had shaken his head and said that I didn't need to do these things alone, so he came after all and I was happy he did. I underestimated it. Now I had someone's hand to hold while being in pain.

He was smacking his gum loudly and I looked at him. Nothing had changed in his appearance since we started dating, but it seemed to me it did. I saw him different. Maybe it was because I didn't despise him every time he opened his mouth and made a nasty joke. He was still the same, I had just grown to like that about him.

The door to the examination room finally opened. "Mrs. May?" a middle-aged woman called my name. I smiled at her and stood up, Roger following me. She held the door open for us and we stepped in.

The room wasn't too small. It looked like a regular examination room, almost the same as when you went to any other doctor, only in this one there were two leg rests on the side of the bed. Roger sat down on one of the chairs next to the bed and I sat up on it.

"My name is doctor Samoa, it's nice to meet you," she shook my hand. Then she turned around and grabbed a clipboard. "So, you're here to get an IUD?"

"Yes, I am," I answered her. She crossed something off on the clipboard and took a seat on the stool on the other side.

"I need to ask you some questions to make sure that you're fully on board with this," she started. She looked at me over her glasses and I nodded. "Are you here fully on your own free will?"

"Yes," I answered clearly. I already knew these questions were coming, because this is what they taught us in medical school after all. Roger on the other hand, was confused. He looked at me with raised eyebrows, but I shushed him.

"And you were in no way pushed into this decision?" Dr. Samoa then asked.

I shook my head. "No."

"Can he stay during the procedure?" she then asked.

"Yes, he can stay," I told her.

She then went on to ask me more medical questions about anything that could've happened to me in the past. They went fast, since I only gave one-word answers. Then she asked me if I was sexually active and what kind of protection I had been using. It was clear to me that I was, otherwise, I wouldn't be here getting an IUD.

After all the questioning was done, she washed her hands and grabbed the gloves. I took off my shoes, jeans and panties, handing them to Roger to hold on his lap. I then laid on the bed and positions my legs on the supporters. It was surprisingly very comfortable, but also quite chilly.

"Alright, I am going to insert a duckbill," she told me. She put a cover over my legs and adjusted the light. It was quite an uneasy feeling, but I wouldn't call it painful. Roger laid his head on the side of the bed and caressed my arm. He was like a loyal golden retriever.