Chapter 12 - Louis Barnock

"IT'S SNOWING!" I screamed, leaping off my four-poster and running to the window. Fred, George, and Lee followed. We excitedly watched the snow spiralling down softly, even though it was very light. Then, suddenly, it got heavier. We danced around the room high-fiving each other and screaming. Harry and Ron peeked into our room, looking confused. Our room is right above theirs, and we were stomping quite a bit.

"It's snowing!" I repeated. Harry and Ron started screaming too.

We stayed by the windows for half the night, commentating on the weather.

"No, no, no, Mother Nature! Don't stop snowing!"

"IT'S GETTING HEAVIER! IT'S GETTING HEAVIER!"

"It stopped! Why?!"

"HOLY SHIT SNOWFLAKES!"

"Is that Filch?! Is that him walking in the - IT IS! AHAHAHA-"

"It's too cold for me, I'm leaving the server."

"SHUT UP LEE, OF COURSE IT'S NOT GOING TO STOP SNOWING! DON'T STOP BELIEVING!"

I woke up in the morning to three idiots' faces hovering near mine. I screamed, scuttling backwards, only to realise they were the faces of my dumb roommates.

They were pissing themselves laughing. I went to grab a pillow to throw at them, but my dizziness made me flop back onto the mattress.

They whispered amongst themselves, then, eyes glinting evilly, they stole Tom's diary from where it was peeking out slightly from underneath my mattress.

"Ooh, it's Daisy's diary!" Lee grinned. The twins cackled. They'd obviously forgotten what the diary had looked like.

They ran off with it. I huffed, leaping off my bed, knowing that that was why they'd taken it - to get me to chase after them in my morning-problem state.

I hurried to the spiral staircase outside of the dorm. They were standing at the edge. I lunged towards them, grabbing the book as I fell.

They laughed at me and I flipped them off. I just lay there for a few minutes. The carpet here was surprisingly comfy ...

I had waited off the worst of my dizziness. I stumbled back into the dorm and hid the diary again.

"Alright, turn around." I instructed the boys as I got my robes out of my drawer. I slipped off my pyjamas and paused in my knickers and bra, feeling someone's stare on me. I turned slowly around.

"RED! BUSHY! LEE!" I screamed. "TURN AROUND, DELETE THAT PICTURE, AND PUT THE CAMERA AWAY!"

The twins and Lee were standing staring at me in my underwear, and George was holding a camera - and I'm pretty sure he took a few photos.

"Ni-i-ice!" Fred, George, and Lee all high-fived. "We can sell these to Hopper and Malfoy - and even Ron!"

"Don't you dare!" I shrieked, grinning. "Not without giving me most of the profits."

"We can sell these to any guy in the school ..." Fred, George, and Lee shared a look. "- Except Harry, of course."

'Why could they sell these to any guy in the school?' I thought to myself, studying their faces. My eyes landed on Fred's face, and our eyes met.

'Of course they'll all want photos of her in her underwear! Softpaw is top of the charts at the moment in every guy's case of their personal crush/all-around school hottie. She's the centre of guy-gossip this year. And I don't really blame them ... she IS hot ...'

Then I knew. I had just read his mind. Or heard his thoughts. Of course I had. How could I have imagined his voice that clearly, when no one else in the room reacted, when he was grinning at me like that? Besides, it explains all those other times when I thought I was just reading people's faces, when really I was reading their thoughts. For example, the Ron situation during Hide and Seek, the revenge on Blaise.