Chapter 2 - Visiting Friends

I stood in the living room with my trunk, waiting nervously for Draco and his parents to arrive. He said that they were arriving by wizarding travel, though he didn't specify WHICH kind of travel.

He probably likes the element of surprise ...

The element of surprise was the right way to put it. I jumped as three people spun into sight right next to me, holding a newspaper.

"Dafuq?" I raised an eyebrow at Draco as his parents introduced themselves rather haughtily to Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon.

"It's a Portkey." He explained. "You charm a completely random object to arrive somewhere at a specified time, then you attach yourself to it, and you arrive along with it."

"Cool!" I grinned. "And I see you've ditched the hair gel."

It was true. His hair was all fluffy and soft looking - okay I'll stop. (EmGem28: Yo! Just butting in here! The Dragon's hair looks like it does in Prisoner of Azkaban (the movie) if you haven't seen the movie - fucking watch it - carry on!)

We kind of stood there awkwardly for a second, then we both launched ourselves at each other Hollywood-style.

"I've missed you so much!" I pretended to sob into his jacket.

"Same, even though it's only been a week and a half!" Draco sobbed into my hair.

"Wait," I said, pulling away, "does that mean you missed yourself? You said 'same' when I said that I'd missed you ..."

Draco had a confused look on his face. I sniggered and smirked at him.

"Shut up." He said, his cheeks pink as I laughed.

Harry and Dudley were awkwardly lingering to the side.

"Harry, you sure you don't wanna come?" I asked him.

"I'm sure. Dudley and I'll have a great time, don't worry." Harry grinned. Dudley nodded.

"Alright. Well, bye!" I grinned, hugging my cousin, then my twin.

"Stay safe, okay?" Harry whispered in my ear. I jerked away, raising an eyebrow.

"Why?" I hissed.

"I can tell ... it's in your eyes ..."

"WHAT?" I asked exasperatedly.

"Someone or something's been trying to get inside your mind or something. I saw it last term." Harry told me, a worried look in his eye. "Just be careful."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes at my brother as I hugged my aunt and uncle. "I'll be fine."

Famous last words?

Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy produced another newspaper, which was glowing.

"Quick, Draco, Daisy!" Narcissa cried.

We both latched onto the newspaper, everyone else in the room waving - then -

Everything disappeared and things started swirling around us - I felt like a hook had jerked around my naval - we were spinning around in circles, and we kept bumping into each other. It was so cool!

We landed with a bump on hard ground. Well, our feet did, and I swayed, almost crashing to the ground, but Draco quickly tugged me upright before I hit the floor.

"Thanks." I grinned.

Then I looked up, and the grin completely fell off of my face.

We were standing outside of huge gates leading to a massive ... mansion was the only word for it. It had hundreds of windows, and it had several turrets, but it looked kinda dark to me. There were huge hedges stretching up to the sky on either side of us, and peacocks were prancing along the top of them.