Chapter 5 - Now THIS Is Home

I held the little black book in my hands. 1950 ... Tom Riddle ... WHERE had I seen those before?

I opened it up. There was nothing on the first page. I flicked to the next one. Nothing on it, either. I flipped through all the pages. Nothing.

That was weird.

"DAISY!" Fred shouted, barrelling into the room and into ME, knocking the book out of my hands and the ink bottle beside me onto the floor. The bottle smashed and the ink splattered onto the diary.

"Godric damn it, Fred! What the hell!" I huffed, sneaking a look at the the door and accio'ing the stuff from the floor, because I'm lazy.

He grinned at me. "S'up?"

"You destroyed my ... wait what -" I stopped. The ink that was on the book had ... disappeared.

"That's creepy." George said, leaning on the doorframe with his arms crossed. "Paranormal Activity Four confirmed?"

I had shown the twins all three of the Paranormal Activities, (by illegal downloading online) and they were scared out of their wits. It was quite funny, actually.

I had also shown them YouTube, but to hell was I allowing them to get YouTube accounts. They'd expose the entire wizarding world, and they would get far more subscribers than me! Why would I chance that?!

I slowly opened the book to the first page. I got out my quill and dabbed it in the ink on the floor and wrote, 'My name is Daisy Potter.'

We all stared apprehensively at the diary.

The writing disappeared, and we held our breath.

Then more came back. Out of the fucking page. With my own fucking ink. 'Hello, Daisy Potter. My name is Tom Riddle. How did you come by my diary?'

We all stared at each other in awe. What in the name of Merlin was happening?

'I found it in my trunk, strangely enough.' I replied.

'That is bizarre. One might think that someone put it there.' This Tom Riddle person replied.

'But who would want to put your diary in my trunk?'

'Someone who would want you to meet me. Well, as I've said, my name is Tom Riddle, I am sixteen, and I am a good listener. Anything you want to tell someone, you can tell me.'

I looked up at Fred and George. Dafuq ...

'Sure, why not?' I put down.

'So, tell me about yourself.' Tom replied.

'Well, my parents were Lily and James Potter. They both died when I was one year old, because this Dark Lord guy called Voldemort killed them and wanted to kill me and my twin brother, Harry, for some reason, only he failed to, because my mother had died for us and that love had put a protection charm on us. So his Killing Curse rebounded on us, leaving us with lightning bolt-shaped scars, and he died instead, lol. So we've been living with our aunt, uncle, and cousin for the past eleven years. My cousin, Dudley, is awesome! So, we got our Hogwarts letters on our eleventh birthday,...'

I rambled on and on, telling him all about my time at Hogwarts. Excluding my ... feelings for Terry and Draco, of course - Fred and George were here. I also left out the bit about my extra powers.

'So ... you have some sort of power, if you defeated the Dark Lord?' Tom asked.

I hesitated. 'Yes ... I would say that I'm more powerful than most witches and wizards my age, actually, than all the witches and wizards I know, excluding Dumbledore. I'm pretty sure they can't twist time without a Time Turner, or cause excruciating pain to others, or fix things that look to be broken beyond repair without a wand ...'