Ten

Cabbrieli in media

One Week Later

Reid watched as Vanessa stared out of the window. He knew that she was afraid, but she wanted to be brave and face her fears. He admired her so much.

"A-are you sure this is safe, Reid?" She asked with her eyes still glued on the window.

He walked over to her and sat down. "I wouldn't put you or Lailah in any danger. If you can't trust the plane, trust me. I've used this plane countless times and I'm here today," He explained gently and kissed her cheek. "Have you taken your sleeping pill?"

She finally looked away from the window and searched her purse. "No, thanks for reminding me."

He wanted to take her anxiety away so she could enjoy herself, but it was impossible, so all he could do was pray that she found a way to have fun while in Miami.

"Everything will be fine, amore." He rubbed her shoulders and kissed her cheek again. "How long has it been since your last flight?"

Vanessa opened her pills and took two. "Could you hand me my water, please?" She asked and he did so. She drank some and placed it next to her. "Thank you," She murmured. "It's been over five years,"

"Really? Would you like to tell me about it?" He knew that the reason had to do with Mason, he probably filled her head with lies.

Before she could respond, Lailah came running into the common area with a huge smile on her face and some Disney princess doll.

She looked at Reid and shoved the doll in his face. "Look!"

He wasn't sure what he was supposed to be looking at, however, he was going to act as if he was completely enthralled with it. "Wow! This is amazing, Lailah. What's her name?" He asked while examining the toy.

Lailah showed the doll to Vanessa, who drowsily took it. "Jasmine looks great, sweetie. Did you do her hair?" She asked, her words slurring as she spoke, showing the effects of the fast-acting sleeping pills.

"Yes, mommy! Is it nap time?" Lailah's head tilted to the side as she stared at Vanessa.

Vanessa nodded and a lazy smile grew on her face. "Y-yeah, mommy is going to bed. But you can stay up and sit with Reid," She kissed her head and slowly got up from her seat. She turned to Reid. "I'll have to tell you another time," She leaned over and left a kiss close to his mouth. "Goodnight," She waved and walked slowly to the bedroom.

She was a special woman and he was lucky to have her.

"Alright, Lailah. Now that your mommy is sleeping, what will we do?" He wanted to keep her entertained because flying could be boring if you didn't have something to keep you busy.

Lailah handed him her doll and ran to the back room where the rest of her things were.

She was the cutest little girl he'd ever seen. Her energy was always high and she was always kind, just like her mother.

"Here!" She sang when she made it back. "Dis is P-poca," She tried to pronounce the name of the doll, but seeing as she was a few days away from being 3, she couldn't get it right.