Eighteen

They were in Florence!

"I love this place," Vanessa gushed as her dress blew with the wind.

Reid smiled and pulled her into his chest. "I love you." He kissed her cheek and let her go. He knew that she wanted to explore. "Would you like to explore the city?"

Vanessa twirled back into his embrace and sighed softly. She held his hand and traced a heart on the back of it.

He enjoyed having her being so clingy. He loved it. From the moment they woke up, she was practically attached to his hip.

"Why don't we go inside?" He suggested and before she could answer, he carried her to the golf cart.

She just smiled and leaned her head onto his shoulder as he drove them back to the villa.

He parked the cart in the back and carried her to the solarium. "I'm going to get you something to eat,"

Vanessa hummed and got comfortable on the chair.

She felt like a moonwalker. It was a silly thing, but she did. They were floaty and so was she.

Reid took her to a new place and she wanted to stay there. She was the happiest she'd ever been and it was because of Reid.

All she wanted to do was be with him. It didn't matter what they did, as long as she was next to him.

The solarium door opened and Reid walked in. "I've got fruit and cheese for you, my darling." He placed a plate on her lap and sat in the chair next to her.

She grabbed his arm and tried pulling him onto her chair.

He chuckled at her attempt and sat on her chair. "How many children do you want?" He asked while feeding her a strawberry.

"As many as I can have." She answered and chewed the delicious fruit. "I can't wait to have a baby that looks like you." She kissed his cheek and grabbed a piece of cheese from the plate.

Reid loved that answer and the sound of her voice. It was lighter and her speech was slower than normal. "I feel the same way," He grabbed a grape and fed it to her. "Will you be honest with me?" He asked hopefully.

Vanessa hummed, her long lashes fluttered. She looked like a doll. "I promise to always be honest with you, no matter what." She smiled sweetly and kissed his cheek.

"It's late to ask, but are you okay with how old I am?" He wasn't insecure, he just wanted to know how she truly felt about his age.

"Reid!" Vanessa slowly sat up and cradled his handsome face. It upset her to hear Reid ask such a question. "Your age isn't and never will be a problem. You're Reid and I love you, and that includes your age." She never thought that he could be insecure, but she was proved wrong and she was going to help him. "When I was a child I liked guys my age, but when I turned 16, I couldn't bring myself to imagine a future with a guy my age. There was nothing wrong with the guys, I still think that a cute guy is cute, but it was just that for some reason I was attracted to mature-looking men."

She used to be embarrassed about that, but she owned it now. There was nothing wrong with liking mature men. "I don't have a kink, a fetish, or anything like that. It's just my nature. Or maybe God just made me that way." She wasn't sure, but whatever it was, she was cool with it.

He loved her answer. "You're amazing, amore mio."

"Why did you decide on me?" Vanessa asked curiously. She never asked and now she would know.

Reid pulled her onto his lap and ran his fingers through her hair. It was very fine. "Like a moth, you know, they rush to the light, that's how I felt when I saw you. That's how I feel every time I see you. That's how I'll always feel." He murmured in her ear.