Twenty-Three

Vanessa looked down at what used to be her feet and huffed. Being independent was long gone.

"Reid! I need you to help me!" She whined aggravated at the fact that she couldn't put on a pair of socks. She should've been used to it, it'd been that way for the past five months, but she still tried.

Reid walked out of the closet and shook his head. "Tesoro, I want you to rest. Cabbrieli won't be upset if you stay at home," Vanessa didn't get it, she was overdue and she still wanted to run the streets. She was confusing.

"Reid. I want to go and support Cabbrieli! If Aurora and Emil didn't come on their due date, they won't be coming today either." She tried reasoning with him. She really wanted to go.

Reid looked at her and it was his downfall. She was so beautiful and he couldn't tell her no. She was carrying his children and all she wanted to do was be supportive. She was so sweet. "Let me go get your boots," He walked to the closet and grabbed her flat boots.

"Could you grab my gloves and scarf too?" She asked and Reid walked out of the closet with those things and her coat. "Thank you!" She beamed.

Reid walked over to her and helped her put on her clothes. "I love you, Vanessa." He said while putting on her socks. He loved taking care of her.

Lailah pushed open their door and jumped on the bed. "I'm ready!" She kicked her feet in the air and smiled. "Mommy, are you getting ready?" She asked curiously.

Vanessa could've cried at how grown up her little girl was now. Last month they celebrated her fourth birthday with a trip to Disneyland, Lailah enjoyed it and she was showered with gifts. "You're growing up so fast," Vanessa cried and reached for her little girl.

Lailah stared at her and placed her hands on her cheeks. "You too, mommy!" She kissed her cheeks. "Daddy too! And the babies!" She fake sobbed.

Reid wrapped Vanessa's scarf around her neck and helped her off the bed. "Come on, Lailah. Let's go get in the car," He told her and she jumped off the bed and ran out of the room.

"That little girl was mocking me," Vanessa huffed and stepped into the elevator. She appreciated it now that she couldn't walk down the stairs without almost tripping.

Reid chuckled and kissed her forehead. "She was just being silly, amore." The doors opened and Lailah was standing there with her tongue out.

"That lelavator is slow, daddy." She puckered her lips and held Vanessa's hand.

They walked to the car together and Reid helped both of them in the car.

"I can't wait to see Cabbrielli! I know his bakery, I mean, Laken Bakery is going to be a hotspot!" Vanessa mused happily. She was so proud of Cabbrieli, he worked very hard to get where he was.

Reid just smiled. He didn't want Vanessa to be out, but he couldn't say no to his supportive wife. She was the perfect cheerleader.

The ride to Laken Bakery was quick and thankfully Cabbrieli reserved a special spot for them.

Reid got out of the car and helped his ladies out.

When they made it to the door, Cabbrieli opened it with a look of surprise.

"Wow! I didn't expect to see you here, Vanessa. How did you get my father to let you come?" He asked while hugging her.

Vanessa kissed his cheek. "I had to come! And he can't say no to me! The twins were supposed to come last week, they'll be fine for one night."

Reid took her hand and helped her in a chair. "She's right, son. Just one look at that sweet face and I'm gone." He winked at Vanessa and picked up Lailah.