Fourteen

He was undeniably in love with her.

She slept like an angel.

He was ready to marry her and wake up like this every morning. He couldn't describe how wonderful it felt to have his Vanessa Grace fast asleep on his chest.

Her mouth parted as she snored. It was safe to say that he was obsessed with her. Everything about her made his heart go wild.

"La mia bellissima donna. Ti amo così tanto," (My beautiful woman. I love you so,) He whispered and moved her hair out of her eyes.

Vanessa stirred and cuddled closer to him. "Hi, handsome." She lifted her head and smiled at him.

He caressed her cheek and kissed her. "Good morning, beautiful."

Vanessa's hand brushed his cheek as she hummed lightly. "I like this," She moved her hand and rested it on his chest.

"Me too, my love. This is Heaven on earth." He sat up and held her tightly so that she wouldn't slip. "Would you like to have breakfast here, or go out?"

Without missing a beat, Vanessa responded. "I want to stay here. I love having this uninterrupted time with you," She kissed his shirt-covered heart.

Reid chuckled and kissed her hair. "As do I, my love. Come, let's get up and start our morning." He slid out of the bed and walked to the bathroom.

He grabbed his toothbrush and comb and walked out. "You take this bathroom and I'll use the other." He pointed to the closet. "The closet has an entire wardrobe for you," He noted and walked out of the room.

After their trip to Miami, Reid decided to get a closet of clothes and shoes for Vanessa in each of his homes, yachts, planes, and penthouses. He wanted her to be comfortable no matter where they went.

Once he was showered and dressed, he went to the kitchen to cook.

It genuinely gave him joy when he did things for Vanessa. She deserved the world and he just wanted to hand it to her on a silver tray.

The oven beeped showing that it was done preheating, but it was hard to focus on cooking. He couldn't bring himself to care about food when his mind was consumed with Vanessa.

Marrying Vanessa. Loving Vanessa. Protecting Vanessa. Catering to Vanessa. Being with Vanessa forever.

He chuckled and put a few strips of bacon on the pan. "Suppongo che nutrire Vanessa sia anche una parte importante." (I guess that feeding Vanessa is an important part as well.) He laughed at his words and washed his hands and then placed the pan in the oven.

"Ah, I see that you talk to yourself in the morning." Vanessa teased as she walked into the kitchen.

Reid laughed lightly and nodded. "I was just saying that I should get out of my head and cook," He admitted, but kept his plans to himself. He didn't want to say too much and spoil the surprise factor.

Vanessa oohed, and walked to the living room, seating herself where he could still see her perfectly. "Whatever you're cooking smells good, so you were right." She lay back on the couch and sighed. "This couch is so comfortable!" She stretched out.

She looked so perfect and he wanted to hold her, he was going to. The food could burn.

"It's comfortable, no?" He asked lowly and turned off the oven.

Vanessa looked up and nodded. "Yeah, you have excellent taste." She mused completely oblivious to what was happening.

He felt like a lion stalking his prey.