Bonus Chapter

"So you're doing this for real? I mean I expected it, but it's just a nice surprise." Vanessa loved weddings and engagements.

Reid looked at Vanessa and kissed her head. Sometimes Vanessa missed the signs that were right in her face. It was all part of what made her Vanessa. "You have my support. I like that woman for you, she isn't a leech." Or an 'Instagram Model' he still had no clue what that was.

Cabbrieli beamed and rested his head on the table. "Ooh, that's cold." He muttered. "Yeah, I like her too. She's so much like you, Vanessa." He said dreamily.

Reid scoffed and tightened his grip on Vanessa's waist. "You talk so much about how wonderful my wife is. Hush."

Vanessa laughed and rolled her eyes at Reid's silliness. "Don't listen to Reid. I understand what you mean. She's a really sweet woman,"

"Yeah, that's it. She's genuine and beautiful. And she meshes well with the family, I like that the most." Cabbrieli lifted his head and reached for the ring. "You think she'll like it?" He asked unsurely.

Vanessa looked at the ring and rubbed Cabbrieli's hand. "I know she will. You picked a nice ring, and even if you didn't, Davina loves you." Cabbrieli just needed a little reassurance, everyone did sometimes.

Cabbrieli looked at her and smiled. "Thanks, Vanessa. I guess I'll head to her house and get ready to propose. Woah," He grinned creepily. "I'm going to propose to the woman I love. Wow, I never thought I'd be saying that." He stood up and kissed Vanessa's cheek. "You're always a great listener." He looked at Reid and pursed his lips. "And you're the best dad ever."

Reid stood and walked Cabbrieli to the door.

"You're doing a brave thing, my son. I'm proud of you," Reid hugged Cabbrieli and let him go. "And the best part is that you won't be all over my wife." He smacked Cabbrieli's butt and pushed him out of the door.

Cabbrieli narrowed his eyes and shrugged. "Vanessa will always be my first love," He teased Reid, who slammed the door in his face.

"No one talks about my wife."

-

Cabbrieli knocked on Davina's door and closed his eyes. He was mortified. He knew that she loved him, but what if she said no?

He knew what to do if she said no. He was leaving the country and never coming back. It was an overly-dramatic plan, but he didn't care.

"Um, why are your eyes closed?" Davina asked concerned.

Cabbrieli cringed and opened his eyes. "I-wow. You look beautiful,"

Davina laughed and stepped out of the house. "You're acting weirder than normal." She noted and took his hand. "Let's go, weirdo."

Cabbrieli snapped out of his daze and walked her to his car. "Sorry, I was in my head. Also, how can you expect me to be normal when you look so fine?" He asked and opened the passenger door.

Davina blushed and got in the car. "Now that you put it that way, it makes sense." She sat back in her seat and looked out the window.

Cabbrieli started the car and thanked God for peace of mind. He was nervous, but if he never asked, he would never know for sure. He just had to wait for the perfect timing.

"So, where are we going? You were pretty cryptic when you called." Davina asked. "I mean, from the way you were acting on the phone and even now, I would think that you were proposing to me tonight," She joked.

Cabbrieli's heart dropped and he took a deep breath. "Actually, that's what I'm doing." He was just going to bite the bullet.

Davina started laughing and she looked him in the eyes with a bewildered look on her gorgeous face. "You're not joking?" She asked lowly and he shook his head.