Chapter Twenty Four

~~~Present day (Alora's POV)~~~

I gasp awake in Nick's arms. He looks down instantly and searches my face.

"Are you okay?" He asks as he pushes my hair back.

I take a deep breath to calm down my erratic heartbeat as well as shake away the disorienting feeling of being inside of Rose's memories. I turn my head to see her sitting down with her hands hovering over the pages of Hazel's grimoire while her lips slightly move, as if she's reading without actually looking at the pages.

"I don't understand." I say hoarsely before clearing my throat.

Rose's murmuring ceases and her white eyes land in the direction I am in. "You have seen all there is to know."

"Yes I understand that you need Lume blood to fully trap him. What I don't understand however, is what's going on with Lucius and Asha. There has to be some kind of mistake."

"Wait what?" Asks Nick as he rubs my back softly. "Who is Asha?"

Rose nods and closes the grimoire "That is a matter to discuss at a later time. In less than eight hours the blood moon will rise and you have seen the amount of energy it takes to pull this off. Tonight I will fulfill my duty and destroy the Kynda for good so that he will never escape ever again."

"No you can't." I protest while standing up and out of Nick's arms.

Rose quirks her brow "And why not?"

"Because my grandfather is in there and I need to get him out. But also because your sister is in there. You are not alone, you can still save her."

She shakes her head "I cannot risk Emerson making it back into this plane of existence. I will not have a repeat of our last encounter Alora."

"I understand that. Trust me. But we both have someone we love on the other side of that crystal." I say as I point at the jar that she has the Kynda stored in. "There has to be a way we can get them out and keep Emerson in."

She shakes her head and goes to speak but the ground begins to shake. Nick immediately wraps his arm around my waist to pull me back as a sharp icicle comes crashing to the ground where I had been.

Rose grunts in annoyance "He's banging at the entrance."

"Who is?" I ask as I look at the wall we previously walked through.

"Lucius. It seems he is quite vexed with you at the moment." Rose answers in a bored tone as she flips her wrists upwards and casts a spell that makes the entire room whirl and shake at an impossible speed. My body tingles unpleasantly and just as I'm about to hurl, the movement stops and a small smile graces her face.

The room is still the same but behind her are old dusty wooden stairs that were previously not there. She walks up the stairs confidently and Nick and I follow.

"It's like she's not even blind." Mutters Nick as he watches her in fascination.

"She has the gift of sight." I shrug.

We crouch our backs against the ceiling as the stairs come to an end and Rose unlocks the hatch of what I now realize is a trapdoor.

"Why are we in the Wolf Bay castle ruins?" Asks Nick in wonderment.

Rose gracefully walks down the dusty hall as she replies "This used to be Witches Cove. My home."

Nick and I follow her to the meeting room, or the Ritual Room back in her era. With a flick of her wrist the conference table and chairs vanish as she goes to stand in the center. I can almost see what she's picturing. The altar in the center, the gold cup filled with the blood of all the Covens, her sisters around her.