Chapter Eight

~~~A/N~~~
Hi really quickly I just wanted to thank everyone who's added this story to their reading lists :') it's a real honor and I appreciate you all. But I really want to dedicate this chapter to Arrianna4  for always being the first to vote minutes after I update. It makes me feel special so I wanted to return the feeling ☺️ that is all. Happy FriYAY 🙌🏻~~~

"Now, what have we learned?" I ask much like a teacher asking a student. We reach Ember Territory and I dismiss Warrior Group One to go shower before joining the other pack members in training.

Jocelyn's nostrils flare in obvious anger but she holds it in as she replies "That you are the Alpha and I need to respect that."

"Very good." I nod. "Now go get cleaned up and meet me at the Training Grounds. You need the practice."

"Yes, Alpha." She mutters through gritted teeth before dashing off in the direction of the Pack House. A slow clap behind me forces me to turn around and to see Fallon grinning. Her wavy brown hair cascading over her bare breasts.

"That." She says nodding to where Jocelyn disappeared "Was hilarious. Why did you even give her the title?"

I shrug "She had the potential of being my Jiminy Cricket."

"Your what?" She asked with scrunched eyebrows.

"You know, my conscience." I answer and she snorts.

"Doesn't seem like she did a good job of that."

I shrug "I'm okay with that. If I had conscience we'd have died a long time ago."

She nods in agreement and we head back to the Pack House. Careful not to step on the broken glass, I hop in the shower to wash away the blood sticking to my skin. My breaths are uneven as I attempt to hold back the urge to scream. I can feel the vampiric urges inside of me begging to be set free, to rip into someone's artery, and drink them dry. I hate this. I hate what I've become. To have the enemy's blood flowing through my veins makes me sick. A loud growl erupts from my throat making the glass door shatter. I grit my teeth and with faux calmness turn the water off. As I step out of the shower I mind link someone to come clean up the mess. Dressing in a white shirt and black cargo pants, I grab the mahogany box and place it into one of my pockets before heading towards the Training Grounds. Jocelyn stands a few feet away with crossed arms as she surveys the training wolves.

'Alpha Lume.' Nurse Joy mind-links 'You need to come down here.'

'On my way.' I respond in an instant and break out into a run. Jocelyn notices my urgency and begins to follow.

We burst through the medical center's doors and immediately Nurse Joy rushes me to Nick's room. The rest of the staff pushes Jocelyn to stay in the waiting area.

When I walk into the room I see a whirlwind of movement as the heart monitor flatlines and they attempt to jumpstart his heart. I flash over to his side and grab his hand as the doctors keep charging his heart with electricity.

'Nick' I mind link him, hoping he can hear me 'Nick it's Alora. I'm here. You're stronger than this. You're my Beta. I need you. You have to fight Nick. FIGHT.'

The movement ceases and the doctors and nurses look at each other with grave faces. I look at them and feel anger begin to rise at the defeat in their expressions. "Get. Out. Now."

I order them through gritted teeth and they swiftly vacate the room. I look down at Nick's sickly pale skin and shake my head. There's no way in hell this man is dying. I extend my canines and dig them deep into his wrist as I begin to suck his blood.