Chapter 37: Vengeance

CIAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOSH it has been too long!! 

Don't forget to take a few moments to vote, leave comments, share this story with friends, and follow me on social media (katrocks247 Insta & Twitter) to support my writing! THANK YOU!! :)

Author note below, let's just dive right into this BAD BOY!!!!

****

Walking the streets of Taormina on a hot and beautiful summer afternoon felt like strolling through a dream. Unlike the fast-paced bustle of New York City, nobody seemed in a rush as they walked down the stone streets.

Fico sat across from me on the patio of an outdoor sitting area, looking like a delicious demon in his all black suit. Demon, because staring at him in this heat made me feel like I was literally sitting in a sinful hell. His skin soaked in the sun like a sponge, continuing his blessing of a perfectly sun kissed complexion. Short, black facial hair shaped the clean, masculine angles of his jaw. His suit jacket was unbuttoned, and he was casually leaning an arm on a divider beside him, drumming his long fingers on the mantel. His sunglasses, paired with his usual eyepatch, completely shielded his eyes from me, but I could tell he was zoned out thinking about something.

"Okay, can you just tell me what's the matter?" I asked, biting into my thick margherita pizza. "You look constipated."

Fico chuckled under his breath. "I was thinking. It's a gorgeous day, is it not?"

"It's a gorgeous day?"

"What?"

"When have you ever commented on the weather?"

"When we're in my beautiful homeland."

"You know, I'm not an idiot."

He angled himself toward me, almost smiling. "No, definitely not an idiot. Sometimes I wish you were."

"Why, so you can keep secrets from me like you've clearly been doing this whole trip?"

"Cucciola, I was just kidding. I really do have a lot on my mind."

"Who wears an eyepatch underneath his sunglasses?"

He cocked his head. "Scusi?"

"Isn't that a little redundant? Like wearing a Snuggie underneath a blanket?"

"Why must you roast me on this already boiling hot day, stellina?"

"I'm just saying." I stirred my iced tea absently with my straw. "You know, I haven't even seen it yet. I'm starting to think you have a robot eye and can shoot laser beams out of it or something. That's kinda hot."

He laughed softly again, breathing life into his usual stoic expression. "My eye is still intact."

"What about your vision? Did the acid...?"

"I can see a little bit, but it's splotchy. It's difficult to explain and boring. Why are you so interested in this?"

"I feel like I know so much about you, and I've seen you naked. And you've definitely seen me nakey. But I don't think I've seen you without the patch?"

Fico leaned in toward me. "And you never will."

"Dun, dun, dun..."

"Maybe in the dark I'll take it off, if you're a good girl."