Chapter 40: Dangerous Woman

Sei la ragione di ogni mio sorriso...

PIRATES, please support my writing by voting, commenting, and staring this story any way that you can!!! I read all your comments!!! :D

THANK YOU AND ENJOY HEHEHEE

By the time we returned to the Belmond Grand Hotel, it was already dusk.

The driver parked on the curb in front of the main entrance, and I hopped out muscly vehicle with my sandals in my hand to rush to the curb.

Fico's door opened, his long leg stepping out, He rose to his towering height and buttoned his suit jacket. He looked down at my antsy feet and made a face at me. "Eager to get inside, cucciola?"

"Well, I am the idiot who wore flats all day long on our wild adventures."

Fico leaned back into the car to mutter something in Italian to one of his employees through their window, before the car drove off.

His gaze lingered on my legs as he stepped up onto the curb, our height difference making me feel a little flushed. Or maybe it was because of my racing thoughts that hadn't slowed since the boutique.

"I could always carry you inside," he said.

"Bridal style?" I asked with an excessive flutter of my eyelashes.

He leaned into me as we walked to the entrance of the hotel. "Over the shoulder like a dirty bale of hay."

"Wow, that was so hot it's crazy."

We both snickered and squeezed out way through revolving door.

"Welcome back, boss," Robert said, rising from a chair in the lobby with his cell phone to his chest. He got closer to Fico, his voice lowering. "I got your old friend on the phone. He says he's been trying to ring you since he landed in Sicily. You got a minute?"

"Which friend?" I asked, not even trying to hide my nosiness. Or the fact that I obnoxiously leaned into the two of them to overhear what Robert had whispered.

Robert looked over to Fico. Fico looked down at me. "Another mafia boss. He'll be at the event tomorrow evening."

Fico took Robert's phone from him and walked further into the lobby, talking in a low voice as he sat down in a black leather chair where Robert had once been.

"So..." Robert put his hands in his pockets, standing beside me as if were two bros having a beer. "How'd your little date go?"

"A little of this, a little of that." I gave a shrug. "Fico shot a guy in the face. Nothing too monumental."

Robert looked at me in surprise "Jesus. He took you to a stop? On your date?"

"In his defense, I did demand to know what he, well...does."

Robert scratched the back of his head. "Sure, but I mean, are you... good?"

"Sure, I mean, the rest of the day was wonderful. We also fucked in a garden house thing..." I poked my tongue into my cheek. "Ah, shoot. I totally forgot my leftovers in the car!"

"Alrighty, guess you're good then," Robert laughed out, scratching the back of his head. "You fucked in a garden?"

"Yep."

"You guys are nuts," he muttered. "Don't tell him I said that, though."

I laughed. "What about you? What'd you do today?"
"Besides working? I had the best margherita pizza of my life. And I'm going to go get some more once I'm off at twenty minutes because I have no self-control."