Chapter Ten

When I finish my drink, I put all of my trash into one of the bags.

"Here" I say, tapping Cade on the shoulder to give him my trash.

"Why do you think I want the trash?" Cade says looking at me.

"You look like you want it" I say sarcastically.

"No" Cade says.

"Please?" I ask.

"Fine" Cade says taking the bag from me and putting it by his feet on the floor.

"Thank you" I say as lean back against my seat.

"Yup, whatever" he says.

I decide to play my phone, since now that I've eaten, I am no longer tired like I was at the mall. Since I downloaded a few games when I first set up my phone, my favorites are already on it. I continue to play games for about an hour before I get bored, like always.

So of course I decide to start up a conversation with the man who does it best... Cade.

"So Cade, how are you doing?" I ask, pulling him away from the 'business' on his phone.

"Seriously, that's what you're going with?" Cade says responding.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"That's how you're trying to start a conversation?" he continues.

"Um yes, I'm bored and want to start a conversation." I answer. "So, where do you originally come from?"

"I am originally from around here in Wisconsin. My parents live about 20 minutes away from the base. Since my parents created the organization and we live in the main base that is also the first base ever created, my parents decided to have it close to home." Cade says.

"Oh, do you see your parents a lot?" I ask.

"Every available Saturday they come to our base for lunch" Ryder says.

"So your both really close with them?" I ask.

"Average relationship I guess" Cade says.

"They mainly come to check on us and Carter. They think that at the age were at, we might trash the place and get Carter on the wrong path. Cali also comes with my parents every week, so we can see her then too" Ryder says joining in.

"Did you get to see them yesterday?" I ask.

"No, we were too busy finding you" Ryder says with a smile.

"Oops sorry" I say. "How do Cali and Carter go to school?" I ask.

"Cali hasn't started school yet and Carter does online school like you and Ari, since the nearest school is almost an hour away" Ryder continues.

"Ryder, what are your parents like?" I choose to ask Ryder since he seems to be more talkative than Cade.

"Well, my mom's name is Laura and my dad's name is Zeke. My mom is a really caring person who instantly loves everyone. My dad is the exact opposite, the same as Cade" he says while looking at Cade with a smile. "My dad doesn't talk a lot and is very serious all of the time. My relationship is better with my mom" Ryder tells me.

"They sound nice" I reply.

"Well, you'll be able to meet them next Saturday when we go over there for Christmas" Ryder says.

"Cool" I answer. "Do you guys have any hobbies?"

"I really like snowboarding" Ryder answers.

"Not really" Cade says.