Chapter Fourteen

By 6:00 P.M. we finally finish putting the decorations up. We probably would have been done sooner if we hadn't taken the time to string popcorn onto the tree to add more design, which was my idea of course.

"What are we going to do for supper?" Cade questions.

"I vote pizza" I say.

"The closest one is half an hour away" Cade states. "Do you want to wait that long?"

"Sure" Ari says joining in. "Pizza sounds really good."

"I agree" I respond.

"Yup, I'm good with that" Carter adds.

"Alright let's go" Cade says as he walks out to where his car is parked.

"I'll drive with Ari, James, and Carter. Cade, you can take Luke and Wynter" Ryder says as he walks towards his car.

"Alright, lets meet at Westside Pizza" Cade responds. I follow him as I sit in the passenger seat.

"Excuse me, what do you think you're doing" Luke questions.

"Uhh..." I say, unsure of what he means.

"I call shotgun" Luke continues.

"But I'm already sitting here" I say. Does he seriously expect me to get up out of the chair that I got to first, just because he called dibs?

"Come on seriously, move" Luke demands.

"No" I answer.

"Guys stop. If you want pizza, then don't argue. Let Wynter sit in the front on the way there. Then Luke can have the front on the way back" Cade interrupts.

"Thanks" I say as I give a smug look to Luke, who just rolls his eyes and sits into the back with a small smile. Cade finally pulls out off the driveway and starts the drive.

"Wait, I forgot my phone in the living room" I realize.

"I'm not turning around" Cade states.

"Well, then I guess I'll just have to play Christmas music" I say reaching for the radio, hoping it would get him to turn around.

"No, here" he says swatting my hand away from the radio and handing me his phone. "Use the earbuds."

"I guess this will have to work, thanks" I reply as I reach into the console and grab the pair of earbuds.

I open Spotify and see that my account is still on his phone, so I just choose the Christmas playlist. I am instantly met with the send of bells and other Christmas sounds. I set the phone beside me and listen to the music while smiling. I've always loved listening to Christmas music.

The thirty minutes go by fast and the next thing I know, Cade is poking me telling me we're here. I follow the boys in, and we go to where Ryder, Ari, and Carter are sitting.

"We already ordered" Ryder informs us as we sit in the booth across from them, with me on the inside and Cade next to me, with Luke on the end.

"Thank goodness, I'm starved" I say. "What did you get?"

"Ari said you liked mushrooms and pineapple, so we got you one of those" Ryder says. "Oh and of course breadsticks."

"Yay, that sounds so good. Oh and I was wondering, can we go to the mall for Christmas presents soon?" I ask.

"Sure, why don't we go after lunch with my parents on Saturday" Cade suggests.

"Ok, but we should do a secret Santa instead. I don't know if I could think of gifts for everyone" I add.