Chapter Sixteen

"Ari?" I gently yell.

"Yes?" She responds.

"You about done? We need to draw names for secret Santa" I continue.

"OK, I'll be down in a second" she answers. I make my way back down the stairs and to where the rest of the boys are.

"All right, Ari already knows what's going on, so I don't have to wait for her to explain. We are going to do a secret Santa. Everyone is going to draw a name and then go out and buy them a present. We're all going to drive separately, except for Carter" I explain.

"I'll take you Carter" Luke says, giving Carter a high five.

"No, you have to ride with me, and Ari has to ride with Ryder" Cade answers.

"Ugh fine, then if I draw Cade, I'll put it back and if Carter draws Luke, he'll put it back" I respond. "Sound like a plan?" Everyone nods their head in understanding. "Can somebody go and get paper?" I question.

"I got it" Justin says as he walks towards the kitchen. While he's getting the paper, Ari walks down the stairs ready for the day.

"When we draw names, if you get Ryder's or tour own, but it back and draw again. I inform Ari. Justin returns carrying a stack of paper and a pen. "Thank you" I say as I take the paper and quickly jot down all of our names. "Remember, if you get your own name, put it back and draw again" I say, reminding them of the rules. I fold all of the pieces up and put them in a pile on the coffee table.

"I'll go first" Carter says. He grabs one of the folded-up pieces of paper and opens it. Immediately his face breaks out into a giant smile as he laughs quietly to himself.

"My turn" Ryder says before picking up a piece of paper. He opens it and a small smile appears on his face. "Your turn" he says, looking at Ari. She follows Ryder's actions and takes a piece of paper off the coffee table and gently opens. She too gets a smile on her face as she reads the name. James goes next, with Justin and Jason following after.

"I'll go" I offer. I take the second to last name off of the table and slowly open it. The name "Justin" is written on the paper. I smile slightly and stuff the paper into my pocket. "Your turn" I tell Cade referring to the last name. He goes and picks up the paper. He opens it and reads the name without changing his facial expressions at all. I swear it's impossible to not smile when looking at who you got, but here is a Cade not smiling.

"Let's go and meet at Sonic for milkshakes in two and a half hours" James states. Everyone goes in different directions. Some to their rooms for jackets, some to the garage for their cars. And some into the kitchen for a snack before they leave. Me and Cade head the garage since we already have sweatshirts on.

"Where do you want to go?" Cade asks.

"I don't know. I have to think of a present first" I tell him. "Can you help me? I don't know some of the boys that well."

"Who do you have?" Cade asks while driving out into the road.

"Justin and where are we going?" I ask.

"Towards all of the stores. And Justin is really into art, have you not been into his room?" Cade asks.

"No why?"

"Because it's full of art" Cade answers.

"So I need to go somewhere with art supplies. Where do you need to go?"

"Nowhere, I'll just get him cash."

"Eww, don't do cash, that's a trashy and impersonal gift. Who do you have?" I ask.