Chapter Seventeen

"Are we going to stay in the car?" I ask.

"No, let's go in and get a table" Cade says as he opens his car door and exits the car.

"OK" I say as I follow him into the restaurant. Once we are inside, we sit ourselves in a big round booth in the corner. As we wait for the rest of the guys to come, I take out my phone and text Ari to see where she's at. She responds within minutes and informs me that she's 15 minutes away.

"What are you going to get?" I ask Cade as I look over the menu. They have so many different kinds of drinks to get, I don't even know what to choose.

"I normally get a root beer float when we come here" Cade says to me while on his phone. I look back at the menu and after five minutes, I finally decide on a mango slushy.

"Hi welcome to Sonic, what can I get you?" the waitress says, walking up to our table.

"Let's wait until everyone else comes before we order" I suggest quietly to Cade.

"Whatever" Cade answers.

"Is it okay if we wait to order?" I ask the waitress nicely. "Were expecting more people."

"Of course, honey" the waitress says before disappearing.

"I wonder who has me as a secret Santa," I think out loud to Cade.

"Yup" Cade says, not really paying attention to what I'm saying.

"You're boring to talk to" I tell him.

"Then don't talk to me" Cade answers.

"That's even more boring."

"Ugh, what do you want from me?"

"A nice and decent conversation" I respond.

"Well you're not going to get one from me" Cade answers before going back to his phone.

"Well can we at least make small talk until the rest of them show up?"

"No, just play your phone quietly until then" Cade answer.

"I have a question for you" I state.

"And what would that be?"

"What has been the hardest job you've had to go on?"

"Why?"

"I think your job sounds so interesting and exciting" I answer.

"Fine" he says while shutting his phone off and setting it down.

"Once I worked security for the President" he answers nonchalantly.

"You're kidding, right?"

"No."

"So you're telling me that you've met the president? I haven't even met the president" I tell him, totally shocked.

"I told you, the organization draws in high end clients" Cade answers.

"Yeah, but the president? I thought you meant rich snobs."

"Like you?" He answers with a slight smile.

"Hey" I say, smacking his arm. "We may be rich, but we're not snobs. You're a snob and rich too apparently."

"I'm definitely not a snob" he answers.

"Hmm, moving on. How many jobs have you been on?"

"Hundreds" he simply answers.

"Wow, seriously?"