Humans and Angels

I know it's been a while guys and for that I'm sorry. School and life-well you already know so I'm just going to shut my mouth and give you what you want (: I hope this meets your standards. Chapter four is in progress but I just recently found out I'm going on a blind date in a couple days and thanks to the ice storm, I have to make up four days of school. Bleh. So without further ado, here's chapter three. Enjoy!

Humans and Angels 

I didn't wince when my fist made harsh contact with the mirror, shattering the glass as particles embedded themselves into my skin. I didn't see the blood rushing to the surface to wash over the wound. My torment had been internal and everlasting for the past four months; my hell on Earth. I didn't notice the pain in my hand because it was already hurting. The only difference now was the blood giving me physical proof I was hurt. The shards of glass scattered on the bathroom floor screamed a reflection I didn't want to see.

My pale, fluorescent skin had a dark tint; blond hair that once had the white glow of the sun was choked out by darkness, staining it black; my irises matched my adopted hair color. This is what I was. An angel dammed to Earth. I knew what I would soon become once the faint gold glimmer left my skin at the end of my transformation. A human.

Does my punishment fit my crime? I twitched, hearing the harsh whispers in my head. The low, hissing voices floating from the shadowed corner behind the toilet. The voices of demons could emerge anywhere, luring lost angels to commit the ultimate sin. For a Fallen could never repent.

A knock on the door halted my thoughts. "Are you alright?" Liliana. She had sensed me...heard my thoughts.

I stepped over the glass and opened the door to her very much human face. Her earthly appearance pained me and I darted my eyes away. "I'm fine. I just need air." She nodded, understandingly.

"I shall accompany you." I shook my head.

"No." I avoided the emotions glistening from her eyes. "Stay here. I'll be fine." She opened her mouth to object but I cut her off. "You'll always be able to sense me, Liliana. But we need distance...you're struggling." Her blue eyes were almost strained to a shade of a darkish gray, almost black. My pain was harming the both of us. Once I was far enough away, she'd be able to breathe. And she knew that, biting her lip as she nodded. Such a human gesture to mark her uncertainty.

"Be careful." I smiled sadly, doubting anything could hurt me anymore.

"Yes ma'am."

My first step outside since that night under the stars. An incredible shock of pain shoots from my foot throughout my leg but I don't wince. I could hear my blood splattering onto the ground I stood on, feeling the ruby river run down my fingertips and cringed. I was bleeding the blood of a human. If I were to cry, I'd shed the tears of a mortal. Anger began to boil in the depths of my mind, an anger I struggled to contain. Anger was just another one of Lucifer's agents; a demon to the mind.

The lights of lamp posts down our street flickered off, announcing the rise of the sun. Morning and night had meshed into the solitude and confinement of my bare room over the months; I could no longer tell the two apart.

A car drives by, windows rolled down, radio playing a Christian hymn I had heard numerous times during my many lifetimes in the church. I tuned out the noise along with my reminiscences of a life once lived on Earth-a life I shouldn't remember-and focused on the human voices singing the words, partially out of tune. But the car was out of sight and mind by the time another rode down the street. I watched the small, blue car speed down the street as if the driver was in a hurry.