Revelations and Memories

26 December, 2005

Janus thickey ward, fourth floor, St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries

Carina Black was a woman on a mission. She had a foolproof plan, she just had to figure out when to execute it, and apparently luck was on her side. As she heard the healer coming towards the ward, she got the perfect idea and readied herself. She put on her most innocent expression, thanking the heavens above she had learned the puppy dog eyes from her brother, waited for the healer to enter, and then she struck.

"Healer Goldstein?" she asked in her most innocent voice, internally cursing the old goat for putting her in that position.

"Yes, Miss Black?" the healer, Goldstein, answered in a voice someone would normally use with a child.

'It's Lady Black, you twat' she thought to herself, but loudly she said. "I was wondering-you see, a friend of mine was administered into St. Mungo's a few days ago, and I was wondering if I could go visit him in his room, just for a little bit." She said, scratching the back of her head self-consciously, as if expecting the healer to refuse her request, while on the inside she was frustrated with her situation. 'Ugh, look at me, the Lady of the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black, begging. Oh, how I hate having to pretend to be weak and unstable. If only I had a wand.'

"And who might that friend be, Miss Black, and how do you know him?" the healer asked, surprised. She had been informed Carina had little to no friends, and the woman never getting any visitors only reassured that fact, but maybe that was false.

"He was my mentor while I was at Hogwarts and his brothers -in-law were my best friends..." she pretended to trail off as if she was reminiscing, sticking to the act of being unstable. "Oh, sorry. I didn't answer your second question, did I? And his name is Arthur Weasley."

"You know Arthur Weasley?" Goldstein asked, surprised.

Carina nodded, then asked "So, May I go visit him?"

"Yes, you can. I'll go ask the receptionist for his room number, then I'll come back and get you, alright?" the healer said, hoping that meeting an old friend of hers, will help Carina recover.

"Oh, thank you so very much, healer Goldstein." She said happily, smirking inwardly. 'She bought it, ha. And I'm supposed to be the stupid one.'

The healer went outside and returned thirty minutes later, ready to escort Carina to Arthur Weasley's hospital room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26 December, 2005

First floor, Dai Llewellyn ward, St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries

Arthur was surprised when a healer he did not recognize entered the ward he was in on the afternoon of Boxing Day. What surprised him even more was that when she entered, she was holding the hand of a female he would recognize anywhere, even though it had been years since he had last seen her.

"Carrie?!" he exclaimed, shocked. Everyone had been told she had died, fourteen years ago, how could she be here, right in front of him?

"Artie!" she said happily, but her eyes told a whole other story, she was frustrated and angry, oh so angry.

And at that moment, when he saw the emotions in the eyes of the woman in front of him, he knew, as miraculous as it was, that that woman was indeed Carina Black.

"Ah, so you do know my patient Mr. Weasley." At his distracted nod, he was still staring at his long lost friend, she continued. "I am Senior Healer Audrey Goldstein, the head mind healer of the Janus Thickey ward. And, I think you already know my patient." She said, motioning to her patient.