Chapter Twenty-Two

For the past week we have been setting up our new place, and it has been a chore. I never realized how much stuff I had in that old place, but I guess after all the years living there it happens.

My wedding dress arrived yesterday, and I had Tim put it away in his room, that way Drake would not see it.

I walked into my bedroom and noticed a note on my dresser, "My dear Forever, there is something special for you in the library" I turned the note over and there was nothing else to it, no name no nothing.

Curiosity got the better of me, so I decided to head down to the library. That was Drake's office, he had a separate room attached to our bedroom when he wanted to be close to me but still had work to do.

I smiled, it just dawned on me "my forever" was always Drakes saying, no one else. Opening the wooden door to the library there was candlelight everywhere.

Along with the candles there were flower petals along the floor, soft music playing from somewhere in the room, it was beautiful. Standing there looking around I just could not believe it.

I walked farther into the room as I saw something shiny on the desk, it was a sapphire and diamond ring that was at least three carats each. The only way I could tell was that my mother used to go on and on about her rings and the size of the diamonds that counted.

Picking it up I saw another note that was under it, "just the beginning of forever" was all it said. My heart was melting faster than an ice cube in the sun. This is the most romantic thing I have ever had done for me.

I heard someone clear their throat and when I turned, I thought I was seeing things for a moment, but after I blinked a few times, it is when I realized that it was Drake.

He had put on a black suit that looked like a tuxedo but not that far, still he was drop dead gorgeous in it though. Drake walked over to me and looked down into my eyes.

"My forever, I wanted to do something special for you and to show you that you are worth everything in this lifetime and another"

Drake took the ring that I was holding and placed it on my left hand on the ring finger and the other ring he gave me when he proposed he placed it on my right hand.

I looked up at him confused, "this ring was supposed to be your engagement ring, but the jeweler didn't have it ready in time, so I had to use a temporary one that still has meaning" Drake said.

I looked back down at the ring and in the candlelight how it sparkled, it almost seemed to glow. It was stunning, "I love it" I said as I looked up at Drake. He held his hand out "I would love to dance with my soon to be wife" he said.

I took his hand "I would love to dance with you, but I'm not the best" I said smiling shyly. I really could not dance the greatest even slow I always felt clumsy.

This was the best night I have had in a long time, Drake and I danced to so many slow songs that by the end of it I was dancing. Being with Drake tonight was like I was transported back in time.

With candles and music, him in his suit, the only thing is I was not wearing a fancy ball gown to match him. Being in his arms just felt right, like I was always meant to be there that I was made just for him.

Even after all the centuries that Drake has lived through, he never gave up hope at finding his one true love, a woman that was made just for him to love and cherish for all eternity.

Who would have thought that a vampire would be so willing to love and have so much to give? The movies always give them such a bad reputation but, there is so much more to them.

It is too bad that society would not be able to understand them, or at least give them a chance. So, until that day if it ever comes, I will have to hide the fact that we are around.

Drake picked me up and carried me up the stairs into our bedroom, where he had a slew of candles and flower petals all over the place. "Did you really think I wouldn't end the night making sure your dreams came true?" he asked as he laid me down on our bed.

Kissing me as he undressed me, we spent until dawn making love to each other. Slow and tenderly giving each other everything we could of each other, all our love and passion.