Chapter Twenty- Eight

For the next week I kept myself busy at the diner, making sure to go over all the paperwork that Tony had and was doing, ordering more supplies, and having meetings with the staff.

The staff was great and seemed to really help me out, we all knew each other but since I worked the night shift on my own, I never got to fully know them all. But they all knew me.

Tim was around most of the days helping me where I needed it and he brought in a few of the pack guys to guard and to help if needed, they mostly stayed in the back in the break room but every so often they would go out front for something to eat and just see what was going on.

The easiest job they had they told me one evening, I smiled and thanked them for helping me with this and they liked doing it plus it helped me get to know more of the pack.

During the day once we were open until I could find a few chefs Tim took the role of cooking, since he enjoyed it anyway, he added a few new things to the menu to spice it up.

Tim wanted to make sure I was good with it, "Love, you're the main chef, you do as you wish with the menu" I told him as I was ordering more supplies that he needed.

By the end of the week, the repeat customers were incredibly happy with everything, and we were even getting new customers in. I kept the name of the diner the same, I did not want to change it.

It was only right to keep the name TONY's since it was his and, in my mind, always will be, I am just keeping it up.

The second week was a bit easier to get some time away from the diner and concentrate on the wedding that was soon approaching. I made sure the invitations were sent out and the seating arrangements were all set.

I paid the caterer and Drake was happy with the choices I made for the meals. Since it was going to be vampires and werewolves, the menu was not that hard to plan.

Even though it was weird asking Tim at first, he reassured me that he was more than happy to walk me down the aisle but when we got married, Drake would walk me down, which surprised me when he said yes.

Sitting at the kitchen table after a great night's sleep, sipping on my coffee, everything was falling into place. The wedding was set with all the details worked out.

The diner was running smoothly, Tim would go from time to time to make sure the new chefs he hired were doing as he wanted, and he made sure there was always a guy from the pack there to make sure things went smoothly.

Drake walked in and grabbed his juice; he came over to me and I stood up as he sat down, I sat on his lap. A ritual we had gotten into lately since we were like ships passing in the night.

His work had tripled lately so he has been working late hours keeping everything going so when we get married and go on our honeymoon everything was set there.

I laid my head on his chest, "You know I love you" I said to him, Drake kissed the top of my head, "and I love you my forever" he said back to me. Moments like these are what I love.

The quietness of the house and just the two of us being together soaking up each other's scent.

"We have an issue," Tim said as he walked into the kitchen going right for the coffee.

"I don't know if I want to know" I said closing my eyes and resting my head on Drake's chest, knowing that within moments I will have to get up and face the day.

"To bad you're going to hear this one, first off, good morning love, second, our shipment was delayed two days for the diner, and third I never got a hug yet" Tim said leaning against the counter smirking at me.

I could feel Drake's chest move from his laughter, I opened my eyes and glared at Tim, "you know I thought it was something serious" I said and stuck my tongue out at Tim.

He laughed, "you are lucky that you are snuggled up against a deadly vampire" he said and strolled out of the kitchen. Drake could not hold his laughter, "he does have a point love" Drake said, and I just started to laugh, I knew they were both right on that.