THIRTEEN

"kenma, kenma

"kenma, kenma. not again... kenma wake your ass up!" there was a tickling sensation under his nose and he swatted at the object. he groaned and turned in his bed, flicking up the middle finger at whoever decided to bother his sleep.

"aww, kuroo he's probably tired." you cooed beside the chuckling boy who held a feather from who knows where. at the sound of your voice, the previously groaning boy had sat up and turned to look at you. hair scattered everywhere and a pool of drool laying on his pillow. he pulled his cover over his head hiding himself from you.

kuroo beckoned him to come out, only for kenma to keep denying him.

"i'm getting the bucket." he'd walked out of the room leaving the both of you alone with him still under the blanket.

you made your way over to where he laid. clutching the covers in your hands and gently pulling at the fabric. there was a slight tug of war before he let's go and sits up.

"kuroo i swear if-" he's cut off when he comes face to face with you. noses nearly (if not already) brushing up against each other, breaths mingling, eyes wide. "you're not kuroo." he whispered.

"i told you i was gonna get the buck... oh, well this is a sight to see." there was a smirk in his tone. "i didn't know you too had a thing for each other."

"shut up kuroo!" you and kenma simultaneously barked at him making him hold his hands up in a surrendering motion, bucket filled with smelly socks falling to the floor and spilling over.

the both of you were flustered about the situation, especially because of what'd happened last night. you backed away from kenma, letting the cover fall onto his lap.

"you too were together last night weren't you?"

"now who told you that?"

"snapchat."

"i guess there's no denying that." you went quiet again and sighed heavily. "alright well, we were going to hang out today if you wanted to go kenma. we would've asked you through the phone but kuroo said you probably wouldn't answer."

"oh, okay then. i'll get ready then." with a quick nod and a small smile you left his room and waited downstairs with kuroo who pried information out of you, resulting in him knowing the details of last night.

"just go on a date with him already." you nearly choked on your water from hearing what he'd suggested. i mean, you weren't totally against it but what would you too do other than play games. since every time you both were together alone that's what you'd end up doing.

"where would we even go? what else does he like besides games? damn what else do i do other than games?" you bit the inside of you cheek, trying to think of other hobbies or interesting things you'd done.

just then, kenma came down the steps. he had on a very laid back outfit on, his hair pulled back into a tiny ponytail that was the size of your pinky if not a tad bit smaller.

"kuroo, wait no, kenma." you suddenly said, grabbing both boys attention. "go on a date with me... next saturday."

nobody talked. kuroo had an excited smile on his face while kenma cheeks turned red. his golden eyes looking away from yours and instead at the floor.

"i mean only if you want, don't feel forced to." you added, just now noticing that it sounded a bit forceful.

"sure." he voiced plainly. there was no telling time in his voice to let you know how he felt, you could only hope he didn't mind too much.

the three of you all left his house to do whatever was planned today. something about meeting a bokuto and akaashi if you'd remembered correctly. that wasn't what was on your mind right now at the moment though.

what would you wear ? where would you go? hell and what in the good god would the both of y'all do? your phone vibrated in your hand and you.

kenma
don't stress yourself
(y/n). whatever you plan
i'll enjoy it

kenma
we can talk about it
later though if it helps.
i also had a few ideas of what
we could do maybe

when you looked at him he was already looking at you but he quickly looked away, opting to looking at the trees that were being blown by the wind that rushed in.

you pocketed your phone and smiled widely. if he kept acting like this who knows what would happen. maybe you too would actually hit it off.

you felt a tap on you hand that swayed back and forth as you walked. you hadn't even needed to look over to know it was kenma. you moved over a bit to give him room but he kept tapping. it went on and on until he finally just linked his pinky with yours. you giggled quietly, holding his pinky back. he dished his phone out from his hoodie and typed something on it before turning it so you could read it.

kenma
just for a little bit