8. Gone

⚫️ C O N N O R ⚫️

Dammit, what just happened?

I know two things:
1. Aiden is pissed
2. I need to find out why

Aiden was beyond pissed and crying, running from someone or something.

After he successfully dodged me, he ran into his bedroom, slamming the door shut behind him. I'm not a betting man, but if I had to, it would be on him locking the door behind him. Because I'm not an idiot, I can guarantee that there is no way in hell that he'll open said door to let me in. His slapping me away and screaming are a good indicator of that.

I started jogging in the direction he was running from. What could've happened that made him so enraged enough to smack my hand away from helping him up and scream at me to not touch him?

As I made my way through the hallways, nothing seemed off. Although, it was almost eerily quiet, the air still and stagnant from the windows being shut all winter long.

Halfway down a random hallway I heard noises and movement behind a closed door. Pushing the door open and stepping in, I see Fox, Bryce and Zane in the throes of passionate love making.

They are so caught up in themselves, in the moment, that they haven't even noticed me standing right here in the room with them.

Damn! This must be why Aiden's so upset. I can only imagine what this looked like to him. Walking in on Fox, the boy he is so clearly in love with, while that boy is making love to two guys, neither one of them is him.

I brought my hands to my face, dragging them up and through my hair while blowing out a strained breath.

We've been so careful, how could they do this? In the middle of the day! Not even behind a locked door!

I can't just blame them, it's all of us. We've all fucked up royally. Withholding pertinent information from him, all under the disguise that we are protecting him. When in reality, we are really only trying to protect ourselves from losing him.

Standing here, my stomach clenched, acid creeping its way up, burning my esophagus.

That's it, I can't stand here watching this when Aiden is a mess in his room.

"STOP IT!" I barked out. I hold my hand up, palm out in front of me, "DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU JUST DID?"

Damn, I didn't mean for it to come out so harsh.

They stopped immediately, staring at me wide eyed.

Looking away, "Get dressed and meet us in the living room," I demanded, fists clenched as I took a deep breath in; trying like hell to calm my nerves.

I stormed away and gathered as many of the other boys as I could. I ran into Milo and asked him to grab whoever he could and get to the living room pronto. I stressed that he leave Aiden alone. We had to talk this over first, then bring him in to tell him everything.

I don't care if anyone else is on board. Aiden will know everything, today, no matter what!

🦊 F O X 🦊

I was frozen in shock, I couldn't believe that laidback, easygoing Connor just came in here yelling at us.

Bryce carefully lifted me up and off of Zane and himself. He gingerly sat me on the couch and then hastily started dressing me as Zane was throwing on his own clothes. I was halfway dressed when Zane took over and Bryce got himself clothed.

"What's going on?" I whimpered. "Why did he say that? What did we do?" I asked Bryce and Zane who were now guiding me through the winding hallways to the living room. I was grateful they were with me because I would've gotten lost without them in my hazy state.