Chapter 3: The Aftermath

Writers note;

Initially wanted to write about the wedding as well but it would be too long so I am saving that for next chapter. Please keep in mind again that this is not canon-compliant, FYI. Sorry for stupid grammar/errors.

*******************************

ONE WEEK FOR LADY WHISTLEDOWN'S SECOND PUBLICATION: (Marriage announcement between Anthony and Mara)

"But you can't", her aunt Agatha had exclaimed and both Henrietta Kensington, her daughter and Anthony Bridgerton had looked strangely at her.

"I MEAN.. We already have made some living arrangements for her, didn't we dear?" and she had looked at her husband Samuel for support.

"Uh, yes we did.. and we were so looking forward to you joining us, Mara. The children of course as well", Samuel argued, which was a lie because the kids did not particularly care.

Of course, they were looking forward to her staying with them for it gave them ample opportunity to dump.. no, leave their children under Mara's care and off go gallivanting (writers note random but I really like that word) to places they wanted to visit, whether in England or abroad..

Mara wanted to say something, but her mother interrupted.

"Dearest sister.. I am certain you and Samuel have done your best to provide my daughter with suitable living conditions and she had agreed to staying with you but.. you must understand that these plans have changed now, certainly. I mean, you would not sabotage happiness of your niece, right?", Henrietta Kensington reprimanded, and Agatha Miller went bright red and started to stammer.

"Of.. Of course not, dearest Henrietta. I would never do that", Agatha remarked.

"It's just that.. It's just a pity, the children and I are so fond of you, she said, briefly smiling at Mara.

"But we.. we are incredibly happy for you, of course, dearest niece", she stammered, exchanging a disgruntled and disappointed look with her husband a moment later and hugging Mara the next, very briefly.

As you can tell, dear reader (writers note 2: channelling Lady Whistledown over here, sorry couldn't resist), Agatha was not happy for them. Not at all. At this point jealousy was raging through her, she could not believe her that dull spinster niece had been able to find an extremely good match, affluent, influential whereas she had married Samuel, not as rich, not as influential... Well, they had means but things could always be better, like Bridgerton level better.

"Looks like we'll have to back soon, for the wedding, I mean", Agatha then cheerily said with a completely fake happy disposition.

"Yes of course! You must!", Henrietta claimed, and William Kensington had blinked confused at his wife for he knew she and Agatha had never been close or would they ever be. There had been blood between them since they were teenagers.

"It would be lovely to have you but.. dear Samuel, Agatha." and a 'anxious" look came across Henrietta's face.

"I think it is best to seek lodging elsewhere seeing our house is a bit too small is it not?', Mara's mother argued. Henrietta faux sighed but was able to pull it off convincingly before continuing.

"I would not want to cause you any discomfort dear sister.. besides, we likely won't be home much since we have a wedding to plan on truly short notice.. Oh God, how will be able to pull that off?", Henrietta 'concernedly' stated, shaking her head and then she directed her attention towards her husband.

"William, dear, will you be so kind to arrange their accommodation for the wedding? See to it that you find a reputable, good hotel, for my dearest sister and her family." Henrietta asked.