Chapter 11: Wrong choices

WRITERS NOTE

1. Fixed errors a bit because omg holy flaws..

2. I have found a job, so this might mean fewer updates. Would want nothing more than to write all day and night but it is not financially feasible. Oh, fuck me I need to go to bed! Must work in the morning.

3. This is NOT going to be a long fic, 15 chapters at best for several reasons. I am running out of material to write and I AM DYING to write a fic about Ben, a bit like his book where he falls in love with someone "beneath him". In my fic he does the same but... she is a poor seamstress he meets at Madame Delacroix. Below two excerpts:

EXCERPT NUMBER ONE

"Are you new here?" Ben asked the woman standing across of him, the rather attractive woman he noticed with her long black hair and piercing blue eyes.

"I am sir..." she said shyly before proceeding to put her stuff away in a hurry. She didn't know why but she was sure she wasn't supposed to encounter him especially since he had come out of nowhere.

"Oh..." Ben laughed after a couple of moments and he pointed to her... "You have something in your hair, a piece of fabric" upon which she furiously tried to remove the thing from her hair, but it refused to budge.

"Wait, hold still... I'll get it "he said taking a few steps forward, but she retreated and flinched so badly he halted in his movement. He didn't speak and she didn't either but not for long she ran away sobbing to some room in the back where he found her seated; crying over a desk.

"Are you alright?" he asked which startled her as she looked in his direction before getting up a moment later.

"Did someone... hurt you?" he asked after a few minutes but she didn't give him an answer.

"Please... don't tell Madame Delacroix about me crying. Please sir. I need this job" she said before turning away, grabbing her coat and making a quick exit.

EXCERPT NUMBER TWO

He had her pinned against the wall and restrained her, not too forcefully or maliciously but it was clear he didn't wish to let her go.

"Tell me, what now huh? You are to marry him?" he angrily spoke.

She didn't reply verbally but gave a quick nod.

"Are you insane? YOU LOVE ME!" he yelled. She could see how hurt and hopeless he felt from his expression and that was exactly what she felt like as well.

"No. NO. You CANNOT marry him. I told you... I will take care of you and- ".

"I don't want you to. I don't want to be your dirty little secret. I may not have a penny to my name nor status but that doesn't mean I have no pride and should become your wh- '.

"Don't you dare say it Alina... DON'T" he hissed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His mother was a clever woman... A very clever woman, Anthony thought with a smile. The idea of going on a honeymoon had been brilliant for several reasons. First, there was the opportunity to spend more time with Mara, which was the main thing, of course. Then it had been nice, also for Anthony, to take a break since the last few months had been quite intense. He had been busy not only with managing the Bridgerton finances and estates and all that came with it but also with getting his marriage on track and finally they seemed to be moving into calmer waters.

He still marvelled at how things had turned out. He had said yes to what he hoped would be an amicable relationship without love. No. He didn't need love, but still she was... quietly into his heart and now he couldn't live without her. No, no matter how much he wanted to make himself believe otherwise... seeing her was the highlight of his day.