one

February 28th, 2018

"C'mon Violet! We're going to be late! " Millie says watching the time on her phone.

"I'm telling you I am not going." I reply to her plopping myself on the couch and starting another friends episode on Netflix.

"But you need to have some fun! It's been one whole month since you haven't gotten out of this house."

"Mill, stop. Just leave me and go have fun." I say grabbing a pack of candy on the coffee table in front of me.

Before I can grab the candy, Millie takes my wrist and drags me off the couch to my bedroom.

"What are you doing?" I try to free myself from her hold.

She opens my wardrobe and chooses a dress. It's a black silk dress that is pretty short. She also takes out some green laced heels that I had forgotten I had. She looks at me with a big smile and shows me the outfit.

"What do you think ?"

"It's very pretty but.."

She doesn't let me finish my sentence. "There's not but. Put it on."

"I am not going out! God! I don't want to. Just leave me here with Netflix and a blanket." I get in my bed.

She takes the cover of my bed and throws it on the floor. "Dude?" I question her, my brows raised.

She lays next to me and does puppy dogs eyes. "Please come with me. What if I get so drunk I can't come home because I'm so drunk that I'll get kidnapped by an old men who will sell me into sex trafficking?"

Boy she's good at this. She even has tears in her eyes. She knows I can't resist this.

I groan. "Fine." I take the dress and the heels from her hands and change in front of her. Millie and I have been best friends for as long as I can remember.  Our mothers were best friends and got pregnant at the same time, which means that I'm just two weeks younger than her.

Now we are living together in London. But even if we are best friends, we are quite different. The sun and the moon. Millie likes to party, she's an extrovert, she says everything she thinks and she models for a living. While I like to be at home watching FRIENDS, go shopping. I'm also an hopeless romantic who reads books waiting to live the same stories and, bonus point, I'm probably the most shy person you'll ever meet. I hear the voice of Millie snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Earth to Violet! You look gorgeous really."

I laugh, wiping off her comment with my hand.

"Seriously I don't understand why he cheated on you, he doesn't know what he's missing." she chuckles before realizing what she just said.

Well that's one way to kill the mood.

It feel numb right now. This just brought back some painful memories with my last boyfriend. Millie realizes her mistake and wraps her hands around me.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry Violet... I shouldn't have brought that up. Do you feel okay to come with me? Oh God I shouldn't have forced you I'm sorry."