thirty three

Harry's POV

'My love,
You better be reading this alone, otherwise, I'll just be embarrassed. This is a letter that I wrote when you were sleeping, to talk about things I never dare talk about out loud. Because yes, sometimes things are easier to write than to say. You must know that, you're an artist, you write songs about your feelings for a living. You're so good with words, but I am not so please don't judge this letter.
When I first met you, it was like we were two magnets attracted to each other. A few weeks after our night, I felt ashamed and I wished it had never happened, but now, I would never go back in time. Everything happened for a reason and now, we have two reasons not to go back. I'll forever be thankful to you for our little girls. Thankful for you, fighting your way back to me when I was so mad at you and so stubborn. I never stopped thinking about you all this time that we were apart. To be honest, you were the only thing in my mind. You made me cry, a lot, but you also make me laugh and smile. I'm grateful you chose me.
You know, I never believed in soulmates, but right now, in this very moment, I have reasons to think that you're mine.
I love you,
Your darling.'

I put the letter back in the envelope and look at the sleeping girl in the hospital bed. Her hair is all over her face, her mouth slightly opened. There is nowhere I'd rather be right now than right here, next to the woman I love. Childbirth was hard, she almost broke my hand because of how much she squished it but it didn't matter. I was terrified of her screams, she was in so much pain but she still did it. The doctors sedated her a little so that she could rest while they took care of the babies. I saw them when they were all bloody and purple but they were still the most amazing thing on Earth. Doctors have asked me if I wanted to see them while Violet was sleeping multiple time but I refused, I want us to see them for the first time together.

Who would have thought that such tiny little creatures would make me so happy? Violet moves to her side, facing me, and slowly opens her eyes. She blinks a few times and wipes her eyes.

"Hey, darling." I take her hand and kiss her knuckles.

"Hey."

"Happy birthday." I kiss her again, her hands sliding up to my face.

"Thank you." She smiles.

I crouch and take a package that I hid under the bed. I give it to her, she hesitates but opens it. She knows I won't take it back anyway. Her hand flies to her mouth when she sees what's inside. She takes the necklace and traces the letters engraved on it with her fingers. "I love it. This is beautiful, Harry... Thank you."

She turns around and lifts her hair. I take the necklace to put it around her neck. It's a silver custom necklace with the girls' names on it. I had some other birthday present ideas but none of them seemed as great as the necklace. I wanted something personal as my first birthday present to Violet, something special. Something she would remember. This necklace feels special, I hope she feels the same way.

She touches her neck and bites her lips, her smile not disappearing. Suddenly, it's like she is waking up from our little happiness bubble. She looks all around her, her eyes wide open, brows frowning. "Where are they? Are they okay?"

"They're with the nurses, they wanted you to get some rest before this big whirlwind that's gonna happen. Our parents are gonna be here soon."

Two nurses knock on the open door and enter the room, each pushing a transparent bassinet with a baby in it. Violet's eyes light up, just like mine. I stand up from the bed and approach the nurses.

"I hope we're not disturbing." We both shake our heads. "We thought you might want some time alone with them. They're beautiful babies, congratulations!" They let the bassinets next to Violet's bed and leave us alone with them.

We look at them, hypnotized. Violet takes one in her arms, I take the other one. They're so fragile, it's like they could break at any moment. I look at the name bracelet, my hands trying not to touch her skin, the fear of hurting her tiny body. She seems so small and frail. She's about twenty inches, and she's as light as a feather.

"Seems like I've got Aimée." I bop her nose gently. "Hello little lady, daddy loves you so much." She stretches her arms and her legs, her mouth opening a little. I expect her to start crying but she doesn't. Instead, she snuggles closer in my chest.

"They're so perfect," Violet says. I notice that Grace's fist is around her mom's pinky finger.

I take my phone and snap a picture of Violet with Grace. She sees it and takes my phone to take a picture of me with Aimée. I look at my daughter, her eyes are closed, her mouth is in a little adorable pout. I can't resist her chubby cheeks. As I look a little longer, I can see a dimple on her left cheek.

The door bursts open by Violet's parents and my mum. Their concerned frown turns into a gentle smile. Mum has one hand over her mouth, her other one in Elizabeth's hand. The three of them walk slowly towards us and look at the girls in our arms.

"They're so precious," Tom whispers. "Hi, sweetheart." He kisses Violet on her forehead. She smiles and waves at her mum and mine.

"Do you want to hold them?" I say, looking at the three of them. They nod, I put Aimée in my mum's arms. She holds her breath and admires her granddaughter for a minute before kissing her cheek very lightly. "So, what are their names then? You still haven't told us and we're dying to know."

I look at Violet, she's giving Grace to her mum. "Well, mum you are holding Grace, and Anne you are holding Aimée." She says, clapping her hands together.

"It's beautiful. They're the perfect names for the perfect babies. They've got the face to be named like that." Anne says, whispering.

Violet snuggles in her father's arms and I look at all of us. How my life has changed in nine months is crazy. I'm the happiest I've ever been. I look at my daughters in their grandmother's arms, it feels like a dream and I never want to wake up from it.

"I'm going to send some texts to cancel some studios sessions that were programmed tomorrow." I turn my back to them and take out my phone. I can't stop smiling, my cheeks are starting to hurt.

To: Jeffrey
Hey man! Can we cancel all the studio sessions for next week and this week? I'm officially a dad now!

The reply comes ten seconds after I hit 'send'

From: Jeffrey
Sure, no problem! Congrats man! Say hello to Violet from me. Enjoy your family time, you deserve it.

I open my notes on my phone and start writing a text to send to everyone.

'Violet and I have been blessed with our baby girls last night and we couldn't be happier. Grateful for the life we will get to share together. Grace and Aimée, my heart is already full of love for the two of you. I'm proud to be your father and to be blessed with such beautiful girls.'

I copy the text and paste it on Twitter. I take a screenshot and post it on Instagram. I don't want to be bothered by the press right now so I close my phone and put it in my pocket. Nothing will burst my bubble of happiness.

A.N
Hello ! Baby name reveal here we go yay!! What do you guys think? Are they the ones you thought they would have been ?
Thanks for being so patient with me,
All the love, C. X.