twenty five

I see a black Range Rover with tinted windows arriving in the parking. I get up from my bench and walk towards the car. The door unlocks and I get in. I sigh in relief when I see that it's really Kendall driving. She takes me in her arms and hugs me.

" Violet.. It's so good to see you. You have a lot of things to explain to me !" She smiles at me and sits back in her seat as she speeds to get out of here.

" I wish I could have come to visit you under other circumstances." I laugh lightly, holding my tears.

" What happened exactly ?" She puts one of her hands on my shoulder and let the other one on the steering wheel.

I rub my eyes. " He was weird since a week, he kept getting phone calls that made him angry. He would spend a lot of time in his office and almost every night he was out for dinner with Jeff or with his producers or with his musicians.. He always found an excuse to leave me, to leave the house."

Kendall looks at me with sad eyes. I think she just understood. I continue talking. "Yesterday night, he told me he loved me before leaving. I was so happy. You know, I never say I love you without deeply meaning it so it meant a lot to me that he said it. And as he wasn't coming back, my curiosity got the best of me. I went into his office and I found a paternity test."

" I thought he was the one who recognized you, that he was sure it was his babies ?" Kendall questions.

" Me too. But apparently he wanted to do it. He never talked about it to me. Then I went downstairs with the papers to confront him about them and I was bored so I went on Twitter. I saw that he had been seen with a girl, a model, out in London every single time he told me he was having dinner with his friends. There were pictures of them holding hands, smiling, hugging.." My voice cracks. " I just couldn't stand it. I confronted him and he couldn't explain."

She stops the car, I notice that we are in her driveway.

" Let's get inside, you'll be more comfortable explaining everything. Do you want tea ?" We get out of the car and Kendall unlocks the door.

" Yes please." I follow her in the kitchen and sit on the couch that is in the same area. Her TV is huge and she has a green kitchen that is amazing. She takes two teacups and starts making tea.

She gives me my cup and sits next to me. " So, he came home, and I was so angry that I didn't let him talk. I feel so humiliated. He told me he loved me before going to see his bitch ? I even told him I loved him back ! It's a double humiliation. I had promised myself that I would never let a cheater hurt me again and look at myself ! Crying and pregnant because of a cheater." I look at myself and then back at Kendall.

" He's an asshole. He clearly doesn't know what he's missing. You don't deserve this Violet. I never would have thought that Harry could do something like that. I'm so sorry honey." She pulls me into a hug and scratches my back while I'm burrying my head into her neck.

She breaks our hug and takes me by the shoulder. "I have an idea, do you want to go paint ? We could watch a movie, whatever you want and paint with a glass of wine ?"

I raise my eyebrows at the word wine. She looks at my belly and laughs. " Oh right. I'd forgotten. Tea ? Lemonade ?"

" Oh yeah, lemonade ! Let's go paint ! I have an idea." I wipe my cheeks and sniffle before getting up.

"Let's each paint something and I'll hang it in each of my babies bedroom. From auntie Kendall and from Mommy."

" Well be ready for you daughters to have amazing piece of art in their bedrooms !" Kendall laughs.

Even if it's 10 pm, my body is not tired at all. It's 6am in London time so I am very much awake and Kendall seems like a night owl so we can have some fun together before we get tired.

Kendall claps her hands together. " Let's do that !" We decide to watch Clueless that Kendall puts on her big screen.

Her house is so cozy, I never would have imagined it like that. I thought she would have a minimalistic house, where the touches of color would only be beige and white but it's all the contrary. Her kitchen is green, she has a lot of big windows and to be honest, her house make me think of my pinterest board. Maybe I should try to buy a house like this. She could help me decorate.

Harry's POV

At the same moment, London.

Los Angeles. Why the hell is she in Los Angeles ? I saw on Twitter that some fans met her but she refused to take a picture with them. I called Millie as soon as I saw where she was. At least now we know she's okay. But where could she go in Los Angeles ? If she wanted to avoid me there were some easier places to go... like her parents ? I wouldn't have knocked at their door, even if I'm desperate as hell.

My foot is tapping repeatedly against the floor, I can't control it. My mind is a little drunk because of the drinks that I had earlier, which isn't helping my headache. Between the stress and the alcohol I can't seem to think straight. All I want right now is to see her. Someone ringmy bell, I know it's Millie so I get up slowly. I see little black dots all over my vision but try to walk straight to the door. When I open it, Millie widens her eyes.

" Wow, Harry.. What did you do ? Are you okay ?" She takes my arm and puts it around her neck to support me and help me go back to the couch.

" She's in Los Angeles, why is she there ? Why couldn't she stay with me ? What have I done Millie ?" I whine, trying to find an answer to the questions that are non-stop in my head.

" I don't know Harry.. I've always thought that if she wasn't okay she would come to my apparement.. I don't understand why she's in L.A." She cleans the coffee table and takes back the alcohol and the glasses.

" Stop drinking ok ? It isn't going to make her come back and it isn't good for you." Millie's phone rings. We both hopefully look at her purse as she hurries to take her phone out of it.

" It's Kendall." She replies and puts the phone at her ear.

" Hi Kendall ? I didn't expect getting a call from you ?" I cross my fingers. Please be good news.

" Hello, sorry if I'm disturbing, I'm calling because Violet is at my house." Millie puts her phone on speaker. She takes a pause before continuing.

"I thought you should know since you're her best friend. You can also reassure Harry, she's okay.. physically." I wince at her words. I really hurt her..

" Thank you for letting me know. I was so worried. Can I talk to her ?"

" Uh she doesn't know I called, she didn't want me to but I think it was important that I did it. We're painting right now, I'm trying to cheer her up a little."

I speak up. "Thank you Kendall."

" Harry ? You sound weird are you ok ?" She asks.

" I got it handled, don't worry. I'll stay with him, you stay with her. Thank you Kendall."

" No problem, take care." She hangs up.

I look at Millie. " What do I do ? Should I fly to Los Angeles ? I need to talk to her.." I bury my head between my hands, my elbows resting on my knees.

" I think you should let her think a little, I know her she's going to come back. She just needs some time to think. I bet that she'll be back in two days. Don't worry about it." Millie pats my shoulder gently.

" I really hope you're right." I lay back on my couch and cover my eyes with my palms. I should try to get some sleep now, I haven't slept in nearly 24 hours and my body is clearly telling me that I should sleep. I feel a light weight being put on me. Slowly, I open my eyes and see Millie putting a blanket over me.

" I'm going to go home, I have a shooting that I can't miss today, text me if you need anything." I nod and close my eyes again.

" Oh, and, I think you should maybe ask your friends to come over, just to cheer you up." Millie's headsdisappears behind the door and she closes it.

Maybe I should call my friends.. I'll do that after my nap.