twenty seven

Disclaimer : this chapter was not corrected so any grammar errors are unintentional. I didn't have time to do it because I really wanted to post today. As always, feel free to tell me when you see a mistake, it's always very helpful !

In the car coming back from the dinner I just had with Kendall, I decide to tell her what I have in mind. "I think I'm going to go home."

"Alright. When do you want to leave ?"

"I think tomorrow if that's ok with you ? It's not that I don't like it being here, I love it, but I need to talk things through with Harry." I reassure Kendall, I don't want her to have a bad impression of me.

"I understand ! I'll help you pack everything when we get home if you want ?"

"Yes, that would be nice. I need to look up for a plane tomorrow, I hope they'll be one." I take my phone and start searching for plane tickets.

****

Kendall gives me a travel bag that she opens on my bed. I didn't have any clothes when I arrived here two weeks ago so we had to go shopping, and trust me, finding cute clothes for pregnant women is not easy ! So I only bought some clothes with nude colors and that are comfortable. I don't have that much but I'm still going to bring them back home.

Home.

I don't even know what I can qualify as my home. It used to be Harry's house but now it doesn't feel like home anymore, just his. Will I go back to Harry's house ? Probably not the first thing I'll do when I'll land. I think I'm going to go to Millie's. But I'll have to go back to Harry's some day, to get my clothes and the baby clothes that I bought. Harry can surely buy some new one.

"You know, I'm happy that you're going home. Not that I didn't like having you here with me, I love it but I think you need to sort your problem with Harry." She smiles kindly at me while folding my dress.

"Yeah, we need to talk." I put my shoes on and close my suitcase. "Thank you for everything." I hug Kendall tightly, burying my head in her shoulder. I kiss her cheek and wipe a tear on it. "I'll come back, this time with the girls ! And maybe you'll even get to come visit me in rainy London !" I joke, sniffing.

"I'll come, don't worry. If you and Harry don't make up I'm going to kick his ass and then yours, understood ?" She points her finger at me.

"Understood !" I hug her one more time and open the front door. I climb inside my cab and send a kiss towards Kendall.

London here I come.

****

That was one hell of a flight. The babies kept kicking and I have a raging headache. Plus, those two are pressing against my bladder so I had to get up every hour to go pee, my neighbor was not happy I can assure you. I texted Millie to come get me at the airport before embarking, I didn't get to see if she replied but I hope she's here. I do a quick scan of the room and there she is, standing next to the Starbucks. Her face lights up when she sees me, she runs towards me and hugs me.

"Violet ! You're back ! I missed you so much." She says, I wrap my arms around her.

"Oh, here. An iced tea. Please tell me you still like them !"

"Yes, don't worry. Thank you, I've missed iced tea so much there. Kendall made delicious tea though."

Millie steps back and puts her hand in the air. "Sorry go to your new best friend I guess."

I pinch her cheek. "It's you kiddo. My favorite girl in the whole world. I love you." Millie kisses my cheek and take my hand.

"You have your suitcase ? Great let's go !"

"Where are we going ?" I raise my eyebrows at her. I hope she can take the hint and not bring me to Harry. I'm tired and sick I can't go talk to him like this.

"My flat, I did some decorating since you left for Harry's house."

"Oh, okay."

We get inside the uber and I relax a little. I send a message to Kendall to tell her that I've landed safely and ignore the other notifications. One question is still stuck in my head, I need to ask her.

"Millie, there's one thing I've been meaning to ask you. I tried to call you yesterday and Harry replied. Why.. why did he have your phone ?"

Her smile falls down a little, instead it saddens. "You didn't see him, how desperate he was after you left.. I don't blame you of course, he can only blame himself for that. But Violet he drank a lot, I called me when he was drunk, driving around London to try yo find you."

Did I really do this to him ? What have I done..

"So I went to his house everyday, to make sure he was ok and not drinking. Liam came for two days, to try to change his mind a little. When I couldn't I'd send Mitch or Sarah, I tried to make sure he wasn't alone everyday."

I listen carefully, my eyes lock with Millie's.

"Yesterday, when I arrive at his house, he was completely hammered. He couldn't walk straight, hell, he couldn't walk. He cried in my arms, it felt weird. I'm not used to seeing him vulnerable. Then he slept and I gave him a pill for headache. I started to prepare dinner and my phone rang but I didn't hear it. He answered and then you know the rest."

"I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused. I didn't mean to. I—I just needed some time to think calmly." I explain to her. Millie smiles at me and takes my hand.

"It's ok. So what did you decide to do about your relationship?"

" I don't know. I think we'll stay friends ?"

Millie frowns her eyebrows. "You don't love him ?"

I put my head on the window and look at London. Then I close my eyes and exhale slowly. "I love him, and that's the problem."

"I don't see how that's a problem ? You love him an—and he loves you." She stutters, more confused than ever.

"I just don't know if I can trust him anymore ! And yes I know it was all orchestrated by Jeff but he agreed to do it, he could've said no but he still did it, knowing that there will be consequences. I don't want to be played again." My voice breaks, I try to keep my tears inside my eyes.

"Ok. Sorry." Her phone chimes. She looks at it and opens the message notification.

"It's Harry. He wants to see you, what do I say ?"

I freeze. I don't know if I'm ready to see him again, to talk to him face to face. I can already imagine his face behind his phone, waiting for the answer. I must not keep him waiting.

"Say yes. I'll see him tomorrow. Right now I want your famous chocolate cake and to sleep." I massage my temples and close my eyes. I put my head on Millie's shoulder and she puts her free arm around me. I feel so safe.

HAPPY 11 YEARS OF ONE DIRECTION ! I was finally able to write this chapter, and to post it yayyy. I hope that I'll be able to write one more to post in a week or two. Hope y'all had a great day :) sending you lots of love and big kisses MWAH 💋

All the love, C. X