20. Attack Of The Headless Horror

Feedback for this story would greatly be appreciated. 

A bird cawed high in the skies of the amazon jungle as the hot sun beat down.  A large hulking man walked with a machete in hand, He raised his arm and slashes through the thick foliage  grunting as he carved a path. He walked up ahead drawing back some vines and in into his sight appeared a large temple in the distance. "Whoa..." He says impressed before he turns around. "Marion, Cachinga." He calls out and blonde woman rushes up to him now. "We found it. The ancient burial heap of Skalr Gringot." The man says before he turns his head. "I told you legend plenty true, Chachinga." 

A man from the bushes with a spear appears now. "Yes. Amazing." He says not overly impressed.

The hulking man begins to run towards the temple now as Marion and Cachinga follow him. As they near the temple however Marion trips letting out a cry of pain that stops the hulking man and Cachinga.  As the two rush back to check on her now. 

"My ankle. I think it's broken." Marion says. 

The hulking man gently picks up her foot but she winces in pain. 

"Cachinga. Make plenty fast for camp. Fetch medicine kit for wifey. Bring here quicky, quicky. Kaykay?" The Hulking man asks. 

Cachinga says nothing as he simply hands the spear to the hulking and begins to run heading back to their campsite. 

"I'm sorry honey, I know you're excited. Go on. I'll be fine here. Alone." Marion says to her husband.

Okay." The hulking man says as he begins to run towards the temple again.       

"Huh?" Marion says watching her husband run off.

"Love you!" The hulking man cries back as he reaches the temple now and dashes up it's stairs. Sat the the top is large engraved boulder that blocks the temple's entrance, The hulking man uses the spear Cachinga handed him earlier to pry it off it's resting point. It begins to roll before it soon flies down the stairs towards where Marion is resting and she has to roll to avoid it as it speeds past her flattening the terrain below it. With the entrance now open the hulking man secures a rope to the top as he throws the other end down into the temple. He slowly lowers himself down with a torch in hand as he looks around. It doesn't take him long as he soon reaches the temple floor. Sat on a pillar was a black engraved chest that caught the man's attention. He grins as she slowly makes his way over to it. The engravings on it seems to be in the local langauge and he begins to read the message on the chest now. "Take not my head or a curse on you. My body shall forever avenge the wrong you do. A curse...This day just gets better and better!" He says as he opens the chest now a green glow leaks out of it now as he looks down. "Whoa..." He says as he reaches his hands in now and picks up what appears to be a deformed and shrunken head on a chain. He soon gets a fright when the head springs into life.

"You were warned." It cries and the man yells frightened. A hand appears on his shoulder now and he turns around to see a body that once belonged to the head, On it's torso is a face and it growls at the hulking man as he screams. 

  It was morning in Crystal Cove, Horns blared on the busy main road as the Mystery machine weaved it's way through the traffic with hit tires screeching.

"Slow down, Fred." Daphne says. 

"I agree this is a most uncomfortable journey..." Y/n says sat with his arms crossed.